Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For International Students Coming to Quinn Business School. Merville or Belgrove?

Options
  • 06-07-2011 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi all,

I am an international student who got transferred to Quinn, UCD for Stage 2 & Stage 3.

Here are my two questions:
    1. Merville & Belgrove, which one is nearer to Quinn building, quieter for studying, and more convenient for living? (dont really care about ovens)
    2. I heard that only House 15 to House 26 are renovated Merville. Is that true?

Please help me out:) Appreciate every answer. Thanks a lot.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Hi. Belgrove and Merville are about equidistant (3/4 min walk) from the Quinn School of Business. I think Merville is slightly nicer than Belgrove - in Belgrove 3 people share a bathroom, whereas in Merville 4 people share 2 bathrooms. The living areas aren't as large in Merville though.

I think 15 to 26 are the renovated houses, but somebody probably knows better than I do! The renovated ones are nice, but I think they don't have ovens (unlike Belgrove, which at this moment in time, has ovens!).

However, I think you might be too late booking accommodation - continuing/erasmus students booked at the start of June. Maybe it's different for transfers though!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Veronica P

Hi. Belgrove and Merville are about equidistant (3/4 min walk) from the Quinn School of Business. I think Merville is slightly nicer than Belgrove - in Belgrove 3 people share a bathroom, whereas in Merville 4 people share 2 bathrooms. The living areas aren't as large in Merville though.

I think 15 to 26 are the renovated houses, but somebody probably knows better than I do! The renovated ones are nice, but I think they don't have ovens (unlike Belgrove, which at this moment in time, has ovens!).

However, I think you might be too late booking accommodation - continuing/erasmus students booked at the start of June. Maybe it's different for transfers though!
    Thanks! I will take Merville then.
    Transfer students' booking system opened at Jun.30. UCD reserved 140 rooms for us I think.

Advertisement