Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SKS Rookie XL Pump help.....

• 06-07-2011 4:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73 ✭✭

Having a bit of trouble with a mini pump i got with my bike :o:o

I got the SKS Rookie XL and for the life of me can't seem to get the pump to 'engage' on the valve. There was no instructions with the pump :(

Most other mini-pumps I've seen have the lever at the back of the connector to hold the pump on the valve but the XL has nothing.

Anyone able to assist in anyway???

http://www.cyclesuperstore.ie/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=136&idproduct=40862

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Keep_Her_Lit

Good old boards.ie!

[Acknowledgment must go to Kona for concise instructions]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73 ✭✭the Lamb Post

Thanks for that but unfortunately that's the bit I did know.

Once I had the correct setting for the presta valve, I then put the pump on the valve but everytime i pump the air just escapes from around the side of the valve. Hence the question of 'engaging' the pump on the valve??

I'm at a loss as to how the pump is actually supposed to work because pressure alone won't keep the pump connected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

More pressure!
    I have the same pump just to throw in my jersey when I'm on a spin.

It's not the best pump, very awkward. Just push down 'till the air isn't coming out and make sure to keep it straight as you don't want to bend the valve.

Is this your only pump?
    You'd be better off buying a track pump for getting your wheels up to pressure and just using the mini pump as an emergency pump while on the road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73 ✭✭the Lamb Post

Cheers for that. I use a track pump at home but got 2 punctures in the space of 5 mins last week and had to use one of the other guys pumps cause I couldn't get this one to work.

Suppose I'll just have to get some muscles as well as some fitness ;)

Advertisement