Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACCA tuition provider

Options
  • 06-07-2011 5:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi all,

Can you give me a recommendation of a tuition provider for ACCA F4,F5,F6.
    I am based in Dublin. I've previously studied in DBS for the CAT and didn't rate it very highly. Is their ACCA tuition any better. Has anyone tried the online or self study.
    Has anyone done the Brookes Bsc degree in applied Accounting

Tks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭Taco Corp

If you are doing F6 Tax, then you need to go to Julie Hawkins in DBS. Hands down the best lecturer I've ever had. I'd imagine that a lot of other people would recommend her as well.

Afraid I can't really comment on your other questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Clogsworth

I went to Griffith College on the South Circular campus for F4 & F5. Had Jim Daly for F5, I found him very good and very approachable. They also hold classes in other areas of the city which might suit you better. I went to Vaeni McDonnell for F4. I found her quite good, law is so boring though but she livened it up a bit to keep you awake. She's not with Griffith anymore, she has her own college in Clane, Co. Kildare now. I did a few of my subjects there. All but one of my lecturers were good, they dont give you all the materials you get in GCD though like exam kit, pockets notes & text book. All we got were the text book and some notes from the lecturer. I did some of the P levels in Independent College, i dont know anything about the lecturers for the F levels but when you get to P2 make sure you go to Liam Doran...its one of the hardest subjects on the ACCA syllabus but he is without a doubt the best lecturer I've ever had.

Advertisement