Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daft.ie

Options
  • 06-07-2011 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭

Has anyone ever sold or bought a property through Daft? I just put my house for sale up there last week, got an email today from a man with a German name, return email address but not contact number, just one line that said 'looking to view properties in mid August. Retirement home. Cash buyer' - that was it. I haven't replied I was just a bit suspicious when it said cash buyer. Also I'm a bit worried about having to show people round, security wise I mean,there's noone living in the house at the moment and I wonder how I sort out the dodgy people looking for empty properties from the genuine buyers?

Or maybe I'm being too optimistic that anyone will be interested in buying it anyways!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭antiskeptic

Tranceypoo wrote: »
    Has anyone ever sold or bought a property through Daft? I just put my house for sale up there last week, got an email today from a man with a German name, return email address but not contact number, just one line that said 'looking to view properties in mid August. Retirement home. Cash buyer' - that was it. I haven't replied I was just a bit suspicious when it said cash buyer. Also I'm a bit worried about having to show people round, security wise I mean,there's noone living in the house at the moment and I wonder how I sort out the dodgy people looking for empty properties from the genuine buyers?

Or maybe I'm being too optimistic that anyone will be interested in buying it anyways!!!

It's a relatively simple affair - ask them have they got loan approval and if so, could they demonstrate so in advance by way of an emailed copy of their approval letter (or in the case of someone with cash - per bank statement).

There's not much point in showing your house to folk who've neither.

"Cash buyer" would be the term used by someone who has the purchase amount on deposit - they aren't reliant on a lender. They have an advantage on someone with loan approval since loan approval can be retracted by the lender. It doesn't mean they'll arrive up with a suitcase full of cash. At least, it shouldn't mean that :) There are plenty of folk who've sold up and have been renting this last waiting for prices to drop. They are now cash buyers.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,397 ✭✭✭✭Victor

It may be a genuine buyer. However, there are some scams out there. This doesn't sound like one of the usual ones.

Write back (create a new e-mail address if you wish) asking them to to let you know closer to the date when they would like to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

might be genuine. I dont see the angle of it if its a scam.

cash buyer or not eveything is going via your solicitor and until your solicitor gets the cash they wouldnt get anything in terms of deeds being signed over.

id email them back as Victor said telling them to contact you when they can confirm a viewing date.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

Thanks guys, I have emailed back saying house is available for viewings, please give me 5 days notice if possible etc etc.

I was kind of visualising a man in a suit arriving with a suitcase full of cash!! :D

It is hard to see, if this is a scam, how it would work, so I will remain cautious but optimistic at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭missmyler

If he mentions Western Union run a mile :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭derealbadger

He may like me have recently won the Nigerian lotto and be looking for place to invest his money:D

Advertisement