Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best place to buy a new shower

• 06-07-2011 6:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭

my shower has died, so need to buy a new one. Hoping to buy in the estate near Ballysimon, eg B&Q etc, any ideas folks?
    thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Shop around for best price would be my advice.....also, maybe worth replacing with same model if possible or at least same make, otherwise there may be issues with waterpipe and cable entry not being in the same position which can make installation awkward, Triton & Mira are popular brands.
    Replace same for same Kilowatt (Kw)otherwise you may have to upgrade the cable supplying it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,340 ✭✭✭✭phog

Try, PJ Matthews near B&Q, Ger Malone's on the Ballysimon Rd or A&R Supplies in Pennywell, all are good plumbing shops and should have what you're looking for but do shop around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭bonnieprince

Heatmerchants in Roxboro were cheapest for me for a Mira Elite ST €228 compared with B&Q for €319.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

phog wrote: »
    Try, PJ Matthews near B&Q, Ger Malone's on the Ballysimon Rd or A&R Supplies in Pennywell, all are good plumbing shops and should have what you're looking for but do shop around.

+1 for those recommendations, you'll pay quite a premium for B&Q and the like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

Heatmerchants in Roxboro were cheapest for me for a Mira Elite ST €228 compared with B&Q for €319.

Heatmerchants cheapest for me when I changed a T90i & I priced around. If you get like for like models its a straightfoward job.

• Advertisement
Advertisement