Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I feed chickens wild bird seed sometimes?

Options
  • 06-07-2011 6:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hi. I have a barrel full of wild bird seed that I haven't used. Can I give it to my chickens? It won't be a common feed. They will get normal chicken feed and will forage free range too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

What is the source of the wild bird seed? What does it contain? What with it being important to know what the food chain is if you plan on selling / eating the chickens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 pollyw00

Hi Victor. I bought it in a large pet store some months ago now and tipped it into the bin so I don't have the contents now just that it is 'wild bird seed'. I then moved house so didn't need it. It's a safe source, just not sure if it's safe for chickens. I'm not selling eggs and doubt I'll eat the chickens just their eggs.

Advertisement