Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Protest against Health Cuts - Saturday 9th

Options
  • 06-07-2011 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭

There will be a protest held against the health cuts, broken promises and IMF profiteering outside Sligo General Hospital at 1:00pm this Saturday, 9th of July.

It is also a protest for better representation, fairness & honesty.

Demand health services not debt servicing.

chopra-mwahahahah.jpg

This chap may be in town yet, but his minions are.

Let them know that we are not happy.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭mongoman

I don't have affiliations to any political party, so I'm just wondering is this protest backed/organised by any party?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Pete M.

mongoman wrote: »
    I don't have affiliations to any political party, so I'm just wondering is this protest backed/organised by any party?

Hello there Mongo.

The protest is being organised by Sligo based members of the United Left Alliance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Pete M.

Not a great turnout today, around 15 people turned up I suppose.

We met at the hospital and walked to Perry's office where we handed in a letter of protest.

The struggle continues.....:cool:

Looking forward to going to Dublin next week for the protest on Saturday.

There are also separate demos planned during the week for issues like Special Needs Assistants, Education and I reckon there'll be more from Roscommon too.

And don't worry, I'll be there representing all the disgruntled Sligo Boardsies as well :D

Advertisement