Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New PC Build

Options
  • 06-07-2011 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

1430509-a.jpg51YWQ69rKtL._SL500_AA300_.jpg1494478-a.jpg1393232-a.jpg1388901-a.jpgCA-219-CM_200.jpgMY-061-GS_200.jpgHS-000-BQ_34921_400.jpg1323133-a.jpg1438864-a.jpg1399551-a.jpg1383305-a.jpg559802-a.jpg1322976-a.jpgFG-001-PL_400.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭seanw7

NZXT Phantom full tower case
    Asus Maximus IV Extreme Rev.3.0, Intel P67
    Intel Core i7 2600K Unlocked S1155, Sandy Bridge, Quad Core, 3.4GHz GPU 850Mhz 8MB Cache 95W
    120GB OCZ Agility 3 SSD, 2.5" SATA 6Gb/s, SandForce 2281, Read 525MB/s, Write 500MB/s, 50K IOPS
    2TB Western Digital WD2002FAEX Caviar Black, SATA 6Gb/s, 7200rpm, 64MB Cache
    2GB MSI Radeon HD6970, PCI-E 2.1 (x16), 5500MHz GDDR5, GPU 880MHz, 1536 Cores, DVI/mHDMI/mDP
    Coolermaster Silent Pro Gold 1200W Power Supply
    G.Skill RipJawsX 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C7 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit
    BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro CPU Cooler
    Microsoft Wireless Desktop 3000
    Icy Box IB-864-B 3.5" 6x Slot Card Reader with 3x USB 2.0, 1x eSATA and 1x USB 3.0"/>
    Microsft Game Controller
    Samsung 12x Blueray
    140mm Front case fan
    Samsung UE40D6510 40-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p 3D 400Hz LED SMART Internet TV with Freeview HD - White

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Just a matter of time before someone pops in to day is the i5 2500k not better bang for the buck but by the looks of the other components I don't think your budget is contrained too much, looks like good stuff...
    What OS?

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭stephenmarr

ive this for sale would look well in there

http://www.adverts.ie/peripherals/lamptron-fc-touch/529290

• Registered Users Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Ah the maximus extreme Mobos.... such overkill....

slave1 wrote: »
    Just a matter of time before someone pops in to day is the i5 2500k not better bang for the buck but by the looks of the other components I don't think your budget is contrained too much, looks like good stuff...
    What OS?

Thanks man, yeah i spent a few Euro on it ;-).. Running Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit.. think the Windows index score is 7.8

• Advertisement

ive this for sale would look well in there

http://www.adverts.ie/peripherals/lamptron-fc-touch/529290

Cheers for the post, not really looking at these, have basic one with the case and it is fine, all fans do be at the lowest setting and it rarely goes over 40d

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Really nice build Sean. I wouldn't mind having those specs tbh

Now, if only it was able to handle Minecraft and run it as smoothly as my netbook

Tallon wrote: »
    Really nice build Sean. I wouldn't mind having those specs tbh

Now, if only it was able to handle Minecraft and run it as smoothly as my netbook

Thanks Tallon.. might look into Minecraft for the laugh, what specs is your PC at work as it seems to run Minecraft very smoothly from 8am to 4:30pm daily. ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

1.2KW PSU is waaaay over the top unless you plan three GPUs.
    I'd get the Crucial M4 over the Agility 3.

Where are these parts coming from and what is the cost?

Monotype wrote: »
    1.2KW PSU is waaaay over the top unless you plan three GPUs.
    I'd get the Crucial M4 over the Agility 3.

Where are these parts coming from and what is the cost?

128GB Crucial RealSSD M4, 2.5" SATA 6Gb/s Read 415MB/s, Write 175MB/s

120GB OCZ Agility 3 SSD, 2.5" SATA 6Gb/s, Read 525MB/s, Write 500MB/s

these are the same price not sure why you think M4 is better.. i dont know a lot about SSD but OCZ specs look better :p .

I plan at least 2 Cards maybe 3 someday ;-) was good price for the 1200 at the time. I got alot of stuff from overclockers.co.uk and scan.co.uk and other places, shopped around for the best price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

OCZ tend to exaggerate their products and the reliability of the sandforce drives have been very poor. Corsair recalled their 120GB drives and OCZ's look like they should have been. Hopefully you'll be okay, but be sure to grab firmware updates.

Oh the items are already bought? You should probably be aware that you'll get very poor efficiency from that PSU running at that low load... perhaps a good reason to add extra cards ASAP? :pac:

Monotype wrote: »
    OCZ tend to exaggerate their products and the reliability of the sandforce drives have been very poor. Corsair recalled their 120GB drives and OCZ's look like they should have been. Hopefully you'll be okay, but be sure to grab firmware updates.

Oh the items are already bought? You should probably be aware that you'll get very poor efficiency from that PSU running at that low load... perhaps a good reason to add extra cards ASAP? :pac:

You might be right, I did have to upgrade the firmware recently to fix some issue with rebooting but other than that it performs really good , really fast and not a peep out of it. . I did some really complicated calculations and readings on the efficiency and it performs the same or better than most lower w PSUs and gives me the option to add more graphics cards without worrying about over stressing it, so i am happy with my choice on that one :-)

but will take your advise and get 2nd card ;-) need to find time to actually play some games though so far only played Dirt3, will get new battlefield soon .

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

cost? lol

cost? lol

Quick estimate is €1400-€1500 for PC , TV cost €899

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I knew the screen would cost more than my new computer haha!
    friend jsut spend 2.4 k and i have no idea how he even specced something that expensive.
    would love the monitor :D

I knew the screen would cost more than my new computer haha!
    friend jsut spend 2.4 k and i have no idea how he even specced something that expensive.
    would love the monitor :D

Have it hooked up to Sky HD and PS3 along with the PC, been testing 3D on it, It is really good glasses are expensive though :-( so only have one pair for now.

Would like to know what specs your friend has, I thought i went a little over the top with my build specially since im not even a proper gamer or anything bit of Dirt3 , Fifa etc but will try get into new Battlefield

Oh very nice, been loving 3d myself, just have one pair too, expensive buggers. Way better than cinema 3d etc though

I'll ask him! even his old computer is better than most peoples! I'd say the sli 580's add to the price!

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭twinsen

Hi
    What floppy drive did you get get?

twinsen wrote: »
    Hi
    What floppy drive did you get get?

Hi Twinsen

Thanks for your comment unfortunately i wasn't able to afford luxury items such as a Floppy Disk drive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

seanw7 wrote: »
    Hi Twinsen

Thanks for your comment unfortunately i wasn't able to afford luxury items such as a Floppy Disk drive
    You must be kidding Seanw7, here is one on Adverts for 6 euro

http://www.adverts.ie/597129

• Advertisement

Tallon wrote: »
    You must be kidding Seanw7, here is one on Adverts for 6 euro

http://www.adverts.ie/597129

Hi Tallon... do you have the lend of €6 and i will buy, would be a nice addition just hope the system can handle it.

Well you can always use them USB sticks. But my mom says they are very expensive. And dangerous, as small kids can swallow them.

twinsen wrote: »
    Well you can always use them USB sticks. But my mom says they are very expensive. And dangerous, as small kids can swallow them.

You must be having a laugh at my expense ? i really just wanted to start this thread to show my build so other people could comment, recommend improvements or ask for some advise if they are thinking of building their own.

Oh so now you are Mr bigshot yes?

But anyway if you want some recommendation this is mine:
    Black and White printer. And paper, a lot of paper.

88cdbcb8227a44dfb95feebcbd49b80e_7.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Zbig

Hi mate great computer set anyway u are gey hahaha :P u know why u red bastard(ATI) :P
    U better check from time to time screws on the back of the mainboard as if this huge radiator fell off u will be able to start saving for another new computer kit ;) ehehe

regards to mr Tallon and Twinsen...

Zbig wrote: »
    Hi mate great computer set anyway u are gey hahaha :P u know why u red bastard(ATI) :P
    U better check from time to time screws on the back of the mainboard as if this huge radiator fell off u will be able to start saving for another new computer kit ;) ehehe

regards to mr Tallon and Twinsen...

Excuse me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Zbig

07-09-2011, 13:54
    nice timing mate :P Pozdro A i nie graj tyle :P

Advertisement