Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

how do i get minecraft into icon

• 06-07-2011 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

does anyone know how to put minecraft into an icon :confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Do you mean you want a shortcut to it on your desktop or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Yeah, you might want to clarify that question a little please :)

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭jenniwenni

The question was put by my 11yr old son who has hacked into my boards profile :)

He wants to be able to play the game off line, I think :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Assuming you're on Windows, Click here to download the EXE and place it on your desktop to access easy

Then just double click it, and select Play Offline

:)

ok, tried that, but its not working. After I click the link, I get the option of what do I want to open the file with, and it brings up a list of programmes. I'm not sure what to do here.

This is driving me mad :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

jenniwenni wrote: »
    ok, tried that, but its not working. After I click the link, I get the option of what do I want to open the file with, and it brings up a list of programmes. I'm not sure what to do here.

This is driving me mad :mad:
    Save the file to your desktop... Dont open it!

Then when it's on your desktop, just doubleclick it

Simples

I can't save it, the message is that the publisher can not be verified, and it gives me the option then to open, but I have to choose the programme to open it with.

I think that it may be because of the new internet explorer version that I have GRRRRRR

hurrah, done! Messed around with some internet security settings :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Please remember that those internet settings are like that for a reason and I say this with the greatest of respect, but you don't seem to have vast knowledge of the workings of both your computer and the intertubes and so you really might want to consider resetting those security details...

Shiminay wrote: »
    Please remember that those internet settings are like that for a reason and I say this with the greatest of respect, but you don't seem to have vast knowledge of the workings of both your computer and the intertubes and so you really might want to consider resetting those security details...

Not to worry, I reset them as soon as I had the shortcut up. I know computers alright, I just haven't a clue about minecraft, and I don't like this new internet explorer. That is where the problem lay, methinks. He has it up and running now anyhoo!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Tankran

jenniwenni wrote: »
    I don't like this new internet explorer. That is where the problem with the world is

Get chrome/firefox then!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

I thought you should have opening it with Java?

I would have thought it had nothing to do with Security settings.

Advertisement