Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have seen some stupid marketing in my time but...

Options
  • 06-07-2011 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭

...get a load of this email I got from a Domain Company I used to have some domains with.

Hi,

For a while now we have had a feeling that something has been missing and we have finally realised what it is... It's you. We want you back! You are the missing piece of our puzzle and we won't feel complete until you are back with us. We're the number 1 domain registrar in the ** but we wouldn't be here without our great customers and we really want you to be our customer again.

We have improved our products and services, and we have lowered our prices just for you...

What sycophantic nonsense speak!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Nothing to do with Development.
    Moved to Internet Marketing. Might be of interest from a "what not to do" perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭EIREHotspur

Ok...thanks Sparks....I know it is trivial but in this day and age I suppose it is Dog eat Dog out there and they will sink to patronising you to get business.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Did they even personalise the greeting?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭market myself online

That is a really poor delivery of a sound principle, its a proven method to message unsubscribed emails to see if there what it was that caused them to leave your list.

However this is a big lesson, that you really need to care about people in the first place because other wise you'll just peeve them off. But the wheat will seperate from the chafe eventually, and I'm sure this marketing tactic will not give these guys much success.

Lindsay
    <snip: business details removed>

Advertisement