Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

clueless hibernia graduate needs advice

• 06-07-2011 7:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

curriculars, panels, can you cover maternity leave and apply for full-time jobs or not? I am one very confused graduate, awaiting my registration number form teaching council. Can somebody please give me some level headed advice about what is the next step? (as Hibernia have offered none whatsoever:mad:). A deputy principal recently recommended that i target a couple of large schools to volunteer in, then hopefully i will get offered subbing as and when it is available. Do you think it is ridiculous to apply for permanent jobs if you are only newly qualified with no subbing experience? (i had another job whilst studying, now this is gone, so available for subbing now!) ps...is a 'supply' teacher the same as a sub?...and can primary teachers apply for language support/ special needs jobs or are extra qualifications needed (I figure all experience is good!) Thank you for any help with my confusion!! mise le meas, teacharara

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭mat cauthon

There is a major education forum, which I believe gives lots of help to teachers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 patty9061

There is an excellent forum on educationposts.ie which will have answers for a lot of your questions. If you are now qualified you should be getting your CV out there to as many schools as possible in the hope of getting subbing work. With the state of things at the moment I wouldn't hold out much hope for permanent positions but day to day subbing, maternity leave and sick leave will always crop up so it's important to let schools know you are available. Educationposts also has a text-a-sub facility which you should sign up to. Good luck with the job hunting

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

If a job is advertised apply for it. Things are tough, but at least if you apply,you are in with a chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 teacharara

thanks guys, have been on education posts.ie religiously since finding out about their forums section, have to say its class...excellent advice!..thanks for the help..delighted that i amn't the only one who had alot of questions!!

Advertisement