Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modric - Will he stay or go ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

SuprSi wrote: »
    I agree with nipps. With Modric, Parker/Sandro, Bale & Lennon we had a great, fast and balanced midfield. Without Modric, and regardless of whether we go with 3/4/5 in the middle, we will not have the same threat. An adequate replacement for Modric must be installed, someone creative with a good engine and Moutinho fits that bill nicely. The problem is that two immovable objects will be or already are clashing over the price so we'll have to see what happens.

I think we'll be priced out of a move for Moutinho.

Might have to settle for M'vila and try to line up a playmaker for next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Ormus wrote: »
    I think we'll be priced out of a move for Moutinho.

Might have to settle for M'vila and try to line up a playmaker for next season.

That's the worry alright. He won't cost more than Modric, but even still how much of the Modric money will Levy be happy to spend on him, considering we still need a striker?

SuprSi wrote: »
    That's the worry alright. He won't cost more than Modric, but even still how much of the Modric money will Levy be happy to spend on him, considering we still need a striker?

He won't necessarily cost less than Modric. Porto drive a hard bargain.

We might be best off just concentrating on a striker or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Ormus wrote: »
    He won't necessarily cost less than Modric. Porto drive a hard bargain.

We might be best off just concentrating on a striker or two.

Porto are renowned for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Striker has to be the priority with the Modric money, can get by and cope in midfield.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

We have one of the best MF's in the EPL even without Modric, i will die inside if we spend £20M on a midfielder and dont buy a striker.
    :eek: Who??

Farewell Luka, he was easily my all time favourite Spurs player, when he wasn't doing everything in his power to leave us. He's certainly the best player I've seen play for us, and I think we'll struggle this season without him keeping the ball ticking over. He was our own version of Paul Scholes. Exquisite player, and we'll only realise just how good he was this season, provided we don't get in a Moutinho, or player in a similar mould. I certainly can't see us dominating possesion like the way we have been doing for the last 3/4 seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

THFC wrote: »
    :eek: Who??

Farewell Luka, he was easily my all time favourite Spurs player, when he wasn't doing everything in his power to leave us. He's certainly the best player I've seen play for us, and I think we'll struggle this season without him keeping the ball ticking over. He was our own version of Paul Scholes. Exquisite player, and we'll only realise just how good he was this season, provided we don't get in a Moutinho, or player in a similar mould. I certainly can't see us dominating possesion like the way we have been doing for the last 3/4 seasons.
    Luka is your all time favourite Spurs player THFC?? how long have you been following Spurs? I could think of about 20 at least that are far better than Modric.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

tippspur wrote: »
    Luka is your all time favourite Spurs player THFC?? how long have you been following Spurs? I could think of about 20 at least that are far better than Modric.
    As far as I've been following soccer, about 15 years. Only really remember players from about '03. And fire away, I can't think of any from the noughties anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

David ginola

Way more skill than Luca , was totally unmarkable and banged in some sublime goals. His performance when we beat Leeds 2-0 in the cup was just unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

mickman wrote: »
    David ginola

Way more skill than Luca , was totally unmarkable and banged in some sublime goals.

Get the Funk out of town, Ginola was brilliant no doubt but he was a one man band. Luka is a player who can take the ball, drag every player around into an attacking position and drop a silky pass onto the foot of the free man.

That said, Ginola will always be a legend, Luka will have no such status.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

anyone else heard madrid have pulled the plug on modric deal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

keane=cock wrote: »

This is all I can find:

https://twitter.com/CJDavey/statuses/236743147525394432

Ah nobody by the looks of it. Still, no smoke without fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭-gilly-09-

keane=cock wrote: »

Read on Twitter that Chelsea are intrested again at £40 mill but Moddy wants Madrid move. Il try find the link.

Guillem Balague ‏@GuillemBalague Chelsea have made an approach for Modric, willing to offer 40m+. Levy delying deal with Madrid after agreeing fee. Modric wants 2 go 2 Real

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Why would Chelsea want him , they have bought a bundle of midfielders

If they have offered it, sell him to Chelsea. Piss off modric and get lots of cash

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

mickman wrote: »
    Why would Chelsea want him , they have bought a bundle of midfielders

If they have offered it, sell him to Chelsea. Piss off modric and get lots of cash

yup, it's nothing but bull****

I hope to god the little prick just fcuks off this time for good. If he wanted away then he should have handed in a transfer request in may, yet another start of a season thrown into disarray because of the selfish, self centered little bollocks.

His dream move last season was chelsea. Well I didn't see them on the horizon this summer. He must have just kept on dreaming so. He'll be like Robbie shortly with more boy hood dreams than an 80s teenager with a poster of Sam fox on the wall. (turns out she played for the same side. Awful waste that, think I still have the poster somewhere) Had we known this in June then we could have had a realistic chance of replacing him and negotiated at leisure.

Anyway I never want to see the horrible ewok greeaser in a spurs jersey again. I don't care if the deal with real falls down, you're gone pal. No addition. I really hope his selfishness stuffs him and he ends up in France after 2 seasons on a real bench because of his attitude/performances.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Balague on sky saying spurs have told Real that Chelsea have 45m euro on the table...levy playing silly buggers maybe.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

He's not worth €45 million, so Real or Chelsea would be crazy to offer that. If Real offer anywhere around €30 million at this stage, i say take it and immediately reinvest it.

Do not sell him to Chelsea.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Chelsea offered £40m last season so we should not accept anything less than his market value. Spanish clubs should be able to pay more if anything due to the lower wages they can pay (less tax on wages in Spain)..

Levy took a £16.5m risk on Modric when others said he was to small for the EPL.. If nobody is willing to pay the market price then he stays..

I wouldn't be surprised if had to stay!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Modric hasn't increased in value. Last season he was coming off a successful CL run, and the team were flying. He wasn't anywhere near as effective last season (he was still great). Plus, he's a year older. So it's only reasonable that his value would decrease a bit.

Having him stay will backfire for us i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Pure Sound

Luka Modric on the official Real Madrid website Here with screenshot Here

Looks like the deal will be done shortly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

TheCoolWay wrote: »
    Lets all laugh at Tottenham

why what's so funny?

tippspur wrote: »

In fairness he said he was his favourite, doesn't mean he was the best. My favourite is still Vinny Samways for instance. Was gutted when he went to Everton for 2.2m

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

TheCoolWay wrote: »
    What isn't funny?

Jog on WUM, stop being such a child will ya.

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Jog on WUM, stop being such a child will ya.

He won't be back mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Good Luck Luka

article-2194029-14B63E22000005DC-619_634x620.jpg

• Advertisement

article-2194029-14B640D9000005DC-837_634x452.jpg

Advertisement