Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modric - Will he stay or go ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

mickman wrote: »
    parker got 7 goals last season, luca got 4

Does that make Parker a better player ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Does that make Parker a better player ?

nope, defo not. modric is streets ahead of parker but if modric does go then parker wouldnt be bad to tide us over this season

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Maynoothspur

Maybe Krancjar might get a chance. Have always liked him. Creative, Skilful knows where the goal is and just seems to get on with it even after been treated like crap by Redknapp.

Maybe Krancjar might get a chance. Have always liked him. Creative, Skilful knows where the goal is and just seems to get on with it even after been treated like crap by Redknapp.

he defo isnt a central midfielder and rarely if ever tracks back

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

he defo isnt a central midfielder and rarely if ever tracks back

And Modric does?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Lukker- wrote: »
    And Modric does?

i'd sell him to QPR before i'd sell him to your shower tbh!!!!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭wellboys

He's out of the friendly game is SA tomorrow. Reports saying he has an ankle injury.

BERBA wrote: »
    i'd sell him to QPR before i'd sell him to your shower tbh!!!!:rolleyes:

Prob will be ahead if ye in a few years anyway if ye keep selling your top players :pac:

And Modric does?

yes, did you not watch even one game last season. modric recovered the ball from the back hundreds of times. he was often challenging for headers and also making tackles back there

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'd tell him tough ****. You signed a contract, your playing with us. Be a bitch about it, and we'll stick you in the reserves for 12 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

yes, did you not watch even one game last season. modric recovered the ball from the back hundreds of times. he was often challenging for headers and also making tackles back there

if i was a chelsea fan i probably wouldnt watch much football either

Kiith wrote: »
    and we'll stick you in the reserves for 12 months.

Be realistic mate, has never happened, and will never happen anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,744 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Its a pity its still early in pre-season. If we were a bit closer to the transfer deadline date then I'd give us a better chance of holding out.

Best thing we can do now is sign a few quality players that will make a statement of intent and hopefully Modric will be persuaded to stay as a result. Either that or hope Chelski go after kaka or Ribery or similar.

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Kiith wrote: »
    and we'll stick you in the reserves for 12 months.

Be realistic mate, has never happened, and will never happen anytime soon.

We don't even have a reserve team :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

We don't even have a reserve team :-)

We have a reserve team, we just don't compete in the reserve league. They organise matches to suit the squad, I think?!

We have a reserve team, we just don't compete in the reserve league. They organise matches to suit the squad, I think?!

The reserves as such were done away with a while back. The arranged games mainly consist of the lads from the development squad and a couple of fringe first teamers who might be recovering from injury etc..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Chelsea captain John Terry has told Sky Sports News that Luka Modric has been disrespectful to Tottenham for trying to engineer a move to Stamford Bridge. :confused:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_7047698,00.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

You know your screwed when John Terry is able to take the Moral high ground over you :)

• Advertisement

It was Sky misquouting him he said it would be disrespectful for himself to talk about it because he is still a Spurs player.

Well, what do yis think, certainly trying to force it, or is it his agent and roman :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Can't believe it! This is the same guy that said the following when signing his 6yr contract: "Tottenham Hotspur gave me my chance in the Premier League and I want to go on to achieve great success here with them. Yes, there have been enquiries from other big clubs, but I have no interest in going anywhere. Last season's top-four finish was an indication of where we are as a Club and I feel I can continue to improve and go on to achieve everything I want to at Spurs.

If he said he didn't wanna play the club should fine him a months wages or sue him for breach of contract! Never thought he would go, looking ominous now...

Levy will have to reinvest quickly to halt our season falling apart!

Can't believe it! This is the same guy that said the following when signing his 6yr contract: "Tottenham Hotspur gave me my chance in the Premier League and I want to go on to achieve great success here with them. Yes, there have been enquiries from other big clubs, but I have no interest in going anywhere. Last season's top-four finish was an indication of where we are as a Club and I feel I can continue to improve and go on to achieve everything I want to at Spurs.

If he said he didn't wanna play the club should fine him a months wages or sue him for breach of contract! Never thought he would go, looking ominous now...

Levy will have to reinvest quickly to halt our season falling apart!

They all say shi*e like that in football these days mate, no loyalty whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,744 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Anyone read 'the people' newspaper this morning.
    BAE gave "his frankest interview" ever etc etc.
    According to BAE, "All" the spurs players in the dressing room are actively encouraging Modric to go to chelsea .. "its a once in a life time oppurtunity" and other such quotes.

Apart from that, the same paper has a column from Stan 'f**king Collymore where he states Modric is a disgrace for his behaviour and for basically going on strike... Is Collymore for real? Talk about pot-kettle-black!!

"All" the spurs players in the dressing room are actively encouraging Modric to go to chelsea .. "its a once in a life time oppurtunity" and other such quotes.

!!

wouldn't think thats true now would you .

looks like he's staying :D

Surpised Levy stuck to his word, can't see that much being offered for Modric again. Can't see him giving 100% every week considering it doesn't look like he wants to be there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Surpised Levy stuck to his word, can't see that much being offered for Modric again. Can't see him giving 100% every week considering it doesn't look like he wants to be there.

Can't get yere way all the time:p

• Advertisement

BERBA wrote: »
    Can't get yere way all the time:p

:pac:

Happy we didn't get him for £40m, too much to be giving to Levy!

Advertisement