Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modric - Will he stay or go ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

I'd be happy enough with 35m at this stage, or even 30m if he went abroad.

Or 25m plus Sahin if he went to Madrid.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

AVB is apparently very vocal in the press of late

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

I like the way AVB says 'we', HR always said they...

He had me at 'WE' http://harry-hotspur.com/2012/07/we/?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I like the way AVB says 'we', HR always said they...

He had me at 'WE' http://harry-hotspur.com/2012/07/we/?

The part about Carroll actually made me Lol. That aside I'd take a punt on him for €7-10m

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Apparently avb has fined modric 80k for not training

Right job for him . He has lost all the respect of spurs fans now I'd say

The sooner we get rid, the better

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

mickman wrote: »
    Apparently avb has fined modric 80k for not training

Right job for him . He has lost all the respect of spurs fans now I'd say

The sooner we get rid, the better

Agree he has to be shipped out as soon as possible, but at the same time we should get what we demand for him. He has turned out to be a horrible character.

yeah. very disappointing to be honest.

we expected it from barbatov but i thought luca had a bit more character.

there is no reason at all not to the usa, he could fly home if the transfer goes through.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭bradolf pittler

Just what is his problem???????
    Its not spurs' fault that Madrid wont match the asking price for him!There's at least 6 weeks before the transfer window shuts so what harm's a week or 2 of pre-season with tottenham going to do before he gets his move?None what so ever......its smacks of poor advice from his agent to speed up things or just a total lack of professionalism on his part.Or more likely a mix of both.
    Let him sweat for his move now,give him to madrid with little or no pre-season training behind him.He's now gone the same way as campbell and berbatov....loved then hated for the way they treated the club.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Keep on fining the little cnut. If Levy doesnt get what he wants for the little ****e then sit him in the stands for the next 4 years. He'll be 31 then:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I agree,

For all Man City's faults they set a great marker for this kind of shiit with Tevez. He either fulfils the requirements of his contract of he doesn't get paid. Simple as that. What a horrible way to treat the club......

Avb has said that levy is very angry .

I believe he wud let him rot in the stands if had a choice, but he is a businessman at the end of it all and money will rule the day

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Should we be surprised lads. He acted the ballicks last summer, and here we go again. Berbatov done the same and no doubt Modric won't be the last. I just hope it doesn't drag on in to Mid August.

LM.png

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭oregano

ziedth wrote: »
    I agree,

For all Man City's faults they set a great marker for this kind of shiit with Tevez. He either fulfils the requirements of his contract of he doesn't get paid. Simple as that. What a horrible way to treat the club......

Surely tevez won in that instance ? I've no great love for massive corporations that happen to be football clubs, but when an employee acts the maggot, ie tevez, Luca, maybe rvp, they should never be allowed back...

I honestly would love if Levy said to Modric, get your ass out to the States now and apologise to your teammates and manager. If you don't, I am rejecting your transfer request and freezing your wages for breach of contract.

Of course we would potentially be left with a Tevez like situation, a very valuable player not playing for us and no fat transfer fee to buy a replacement. But at least we would have showed our players who is boss and made it highly unlikely any of our players would ever do this again.

Player power is disgusting. Footballers are disgusting. Can't believe Modric. I used to think he seemed like such a nice, unassuming kinda guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

All footballers are SLUTS
    (well except Bale) :pac:

Ormus wrote: »
    I honestly would love if Levy said to Modric, get your ass out to the States now and apologise to your teammates and manager. If you don't, I am rejecting your transfer request and freezing your wages for breach of contract.

Of course we would potentially be left with a Tevez like situation, a very valuable player not playing for us and no fat transfer fee to buy a replacement. But at least we would have showed our players who is boss and made it highly unlikely any of our players would ever do this again.

Player power is disgusting. Footballers are disgusting. Can't believe Modric. I used to think he seemed like such a nice, unassuming kinda guy.

I thought the same of Berbatov :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Very unimpressed with his behaviour. Totally unprofessional.

• Advertisement

I guess the thing about footballers is that they know they are almost unsackable because of the big transfer fee the club will want to get for them.

That's the big difference between being a footballer and having a regular job.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,744 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I think HR man-managed him well last summer and we dont have that this time around..

It sounds like he's getting bad advice too from the agent and what have you.

Only 1 thing happens if we chuck him in the stands or reserves ... His value will drop drastically.

Id take £27m for him now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,744 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Just re-read this thread from.the start. I completely forgot that the little ****er refused to play for us against UTD and city last season. I always associate those loses with the fact we didnt have Parker at the time. Even if we had picked up 1 single point in either game we would have finished 3rd...
    Get rid asap.

The Club can confirm Luka Modric has returned to training today (Monday) at Spurs Lodge.

The coaching staff will now determine the remainder of his pre-season preparation.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭bradolf pittler

Just re-read this thread from.the start. I completely forgot that the little ****er refused to play for us against UTD and city last season. I always associate those loses with the fact we didnt have Parker at the time. Even if we had picked up 1 single point in either game we would have finished 3rd...
    Get rid asap.

But to get rid asap is to show him that he was right to strop and to show all other players that they easily slip out of their contracts by throwing a strop, and to show all other clubs that if they can tap up our players and get them to agitate for a move and refuse to train, there is a good chance Spurs will drop their asking price in order to get rid asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭jiltloop

Completely agree. This kind of carry on should be dealt with severly to dissuade any similar future behaviour. It would also send a message to clubs that tapping up Spurs' players will not work. I think the Modric situation so far has been handled very well by Levy, hopefully he can continue to deal with it the way he has.

I do think it's time to get rid of him but it should only be on Spurs' terms.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

No chance of us getting £40 million for him. If Real offer anything over £30 mill, i'd take it and try and buy Moutinho. Either way, get something done in the next week or so, to put everyone's mind at ease. Last thing we need is another Modric transfer saga.

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »
    No chance of us getting £40 million for him. If Real offer anything over £30 mill, i'd take it and try and buy Moutinho. Either way, get something done in the next week or so, to put everyone's mind at ease. Last thing we need is another Modric transfer saga.

I want clubs to see that there will always be a saga until Spurs get what they want. We shall not be moved!

Advertisement