Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bmibaby knock to manchester route discontinued?

Options
  • 06-07-2011 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭

i was doing some pricing of flights for a trip to liverpool, i noticed that you cant book a flight after the 30th of October 2011 from knock to manchester.

anyone heard of this flight is being cancelled or what?

i hope not as its very handy for liverpool games.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

Don't know. But don't ryanair do flights from Knock to Liverpool on Thursdays and Saturdays?

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Neworder79

Yes Ryanair fly Knock-Liverpool 7 days a week. BmiBaby will pull out of Manchester from October so Knock service ends (Birmingham staying). Ryanair have been adding routes at Manchester so someone else should pick it up as it's one of the airports busier and longest running routes.

Knock should advertise their routes more locally, amazing how many people in Mayo have no idea of all the routes available from their doorstep and instinctively book from Dublin. Ryanair sometimes advertise but they don't list the route options.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

dec25532 wrote: »
    Don't know. But don't ryanair do flights from Knock to Liverpool on Thursdays and Saturdays?

It's Cheaper to fly Knock-Manchester when Liverpool are playing at home. And vice versa.

Manchester Airport is 1 hour from Liverpool City centre by train and Liverpool Airport is 1 hour from Manchester Airport by road.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

It's Cheaper to fly Knock-Manchester when Liverpool are playing at home. And vice versa.

Manchester Airport is 1 hour from Liverpool City centre by train and Liverpool Airport is 1 hour from Manchester Airport by road.

thats the way i work it, i always check both flights to see which is cheaper/easier. ryanair might pick up the route hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

Neworder79 wrote: »
    Yes Ryanair fly Knock-Liverpool 7 days a week. BmiBaby will pull out of Manchester from October so Knock service ends (Birmingham staying). Ryanair have been adding routes at Manchester so someone else should pick it up as it's one of the airports busier and longest running routes.

Knock should advertise their routes more locally, amazing how many people in Mayo have no idea of all the routes available from their doorstep and instinctively book from Dublin. Ryanair sometimes advertise but they don't list the route options.

Oh dear .... which is I guess whats happening the Aer Lingus flights to Gatwick as well. geting a price for late October alright - but no flights for early November - so I presume that service is going as well. Pity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Neworder79

Oh dear .... which is I guess whats happening the Aer Lingus flights to Gatwick as well
    Gatwick is Bookable up to April for me, site might have been down when you checked?

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

Neworder79 wrote: »
    Gatwick is Bookable up to April for me, site might have been down when you checked?
    Ooops ! Nice one New Order - checking again ... esp now Sky have rearranged fixtures somewhat - thanks for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

Confirmed yesterday that flybe will take over the Manchester route from bmibaby from October 30, same set up as before, flights will run 4 days a week.

Advertisement