Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rowing

• 06-07-2011 8:11pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 104 ✭✭

Recently moved to Limerick, thinking of starting to row. Is there anywhere that runs adult rowing courses??? Rang around a couple of clubs but seems that if your over a certain age courses are unavailable....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

Courses are geared towards youth. Best bet would be to enquire with the clubs and try and get out with some of the novices. What you want is a crew of three novices (beginners) looking for a fourth. Ideally you train as a four and then move to a single scull.

If you have experience with boats or kayaks you could change starting in a trimmy (training boat) and single scull (single boat). Bear in mind starting in a single scull you are almost guaranteed to fall out so its a good time of year to start and the water is mild. I presume you can swim, its not all that hard to get back into a boat.

What side of the city are you in? St. Michael's is prob the biggest (and in the city center) also Shannon RC is based in the city but rows in Annacotty. Athlunkard are Corbally side of the city and Castleconnell are in, well Castleconnell. There is nothing happening in Limerick BC at the moment.

PM me what side of the city you are in I can fill you in the clubs and give you some contacts.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 104 ✭✭spindizzy

Thanks, got sorted with a club!!

Which club did you go with in the end?

What club did you go with in the end?

Advertisement