Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bench warrant out for arrest over Maintenance

Options
  • 06-07-2011 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

So was back in court the start of June cause my ex has stop paying maintenance it was agreed between us before. The judge deceided amount he was paying wasn't enough and increased it and made it payable through the courts.

The ex however has decided to take the mick, not turning up to court, deciding his own amount which is less, sending postal order signed wrong so I can't cash them and not sending them through court. I have been on to the courts and the court clerk is rightly pissed off with him for making a mockery of the judical system he told me to send them back, keep note. Now he's done it last 2 weeks so court clerk sent me letter for them to issue a bench warrant.

I signed it as its not just 2 weeks he's missed he's missed over 26 weeks before hand but court couldn't ask for arrears as it was agreed between us. Not sure what happens now, will I be informed about whats happening. Will i no if he's been brought to court? Will I get arrears for the past 2 weeks? Will the judge deceide to lower the amount of maintenance he pays?

Any help will be great

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

So was back in court the start of June cause my ex has stop paying maintenance it was agreed between us before. The judge deceided amount he was paying wasn't enough and increased it and made it payable through the courts.

The ex however has decided to take the mick, not turning up to court, deciding his own amount which is less, sending postal order signed wrong so I can't cash them and not sending them through court. I have been on to the courts and the court clerk is rightly pissed off with him for making a mockery of the judical system he told me to send them back, keep note. Now he's done it last 2 weeks so court clerk sent me letter for them to issue a bench warrant.

I signed it as its not just 2 weeks he's missed he's missed over 26 weeks before hand but court couldn't ask for arrears as it was agreed between us. Not sure what happens now, will I be informed about whats happening. Will i no if he's been brought to court? Will I get arrears for the past 2 weeks? Will the judge deceide to lower the amount of maintenance he pays?

Any help will be great
    Girl I am in the exact situation for the last 8 yrs.... Bench warrants mean f all. The court issue it but they don't follow it up. I had to get onto the warrants officer in his local Garda station many times only to be told they were having difficulty locating him etc... There have been about 6 - 8 warrants and I think I only got one!

Then a few more weeks I'm in court again to sign another document to say he's not paying and then he's called to court he might or might not turn up... If he's there the judge will threaten jail but never goes ahead with it, or if he's not there another bench warrant goes out. Vicious circle....

He agreed to meet a mediator with me this week in his local town, about 1.5 hours from me, so I went, he never turned up, I had to pay her €95 for her time and expenses....

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

its so frustrating, can't seem to get a answer anywhere. I'm so tempted to stop access so that he will ring guards and then they'll arrest him. I just need the money, its not fair him getting away without paying but still demanding access

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

its so frustrating, can't seem to get a answer anywhere. I'm so tempted to stop access so that he will ring guards and then they'll arrest him. I just need the money, its not fair him getting away without paying but still demanding access
    Since he never turned up for the mediator I have told him and his parents ( as they live in the same town far from me ) that my daughter will not be going down for her annual summer or Christmas vacations until I get some money.
    Things are tight, but he thinks that because j am getting married that I'm loaded and he wants to pass the responcibilty onto my new hubby but still wants access. I've threatened it before but I am definitely going through with it this time. I've had enough and the court is no help at all! Only a waste of time as far as I'm concerned.

Advertisement