Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky HD throughout the house

• 06-07-2011 8:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭

Just got sky into my new build had him install in in the attic,(as had the electrician have the wires in place) now the room where the box is I have sky HD but the tv in other rooms rant picking up the HD signal(basic sky).
    What do I need to do to enable me to receive HD pictures in other rooms
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

A very long HDMI lead.

HD thru HDMI output only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭Vince Cable

What about HDMI over cat 5/6?

Don't know the ins & outs myself . . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭rlogue

What about HDMI over cat 5/6?

Don't know the ins & outs myself . . .
    Well seeing as you don't know let me give you some more advice....

There's a company called Keene Electronics that advertise in Wotsat a hdmi over cat6 converter. You would need a converter at both ends and the boxes aren't cheap but it does send a hd signal a lot further than using a conventional hdmi cable.

Alternatively stick a coat hanger in the aerial socket of the tv at the remote location and you might get RTE 2 HD if your signal is strong enough ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Under no circumstances should you stick a coat hanger in the aerial socket of your tv.

A cat5 to hdmi convertor will work perfectly but only if you have cat5 running around your house. If you dont then you will need to send it around on coax, but this will not give you a full hd picture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭godskitchen

There are are number of ways to do this.

Hdmi over Cat5/6 is not that expensive.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_3_9?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=hdmi+cat6&sprefix=hdmi+cat6

You will need to run 2 cat5/6 cables from the sky box to the tv. Cat6 will allow you to have a longer run, and to be honest the price difference in Cat5 and 6 is so small you would be silly to run Cat5.

You could also get a wireless Hdmi kit, they are expensive and not all that good over a longer distance.

• Advertisement
Advertisement