Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place to buy a suit?

• 06-07-2011 8:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭

Alright lads,

I'm looking to buy myself a suit for a wedding I'm going to in August. I'm not looking for anything specially tailored for me, just something that looks half decent and won't raid my already crippled bank account.
    Where in Limerick would be recommended??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭bedstuybosco

Tony Connollys

I think they have a 20% off Remus suits at the moment

good luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55 ✭✭gerandy

you will not beat TK Max but at short notice you may not get anything to suit you..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Check TKMaxx, you might get lucky.

Edit: Great minds...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭LadyTBolt

Next

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Azphyxi8

Burtons out on Childers Rd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Soulcrew09

Sextons on Thomas st is good value for money, always knocked a few quid off when buying a few bits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

You could always just hire one for the occassion if you are on a tight budget.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

I always find Noels alright. got a nice Remus suit tie and shirt for under 250 there today. Connolly's are good aswell. Usually quite reasonable

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭showgirlrita

Knew this sounded familiar

you might find this helpful
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=71098813

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

Suit distributors out in the eastway business park

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭LadyTBolt

Shaws do nice suits also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 273 ✭✭meg3178

keep an eye out for the next sale, should be on in the next two weeks, great bargains. Debenhams often have good bargains too. If you don't need to wear a suit much this year perhaps as other posters said, hire one.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

If you don't wear suits too often Burton is ideal IMO

They often have an offer to do the suit, shirt, shoes and tie for around 140 euro(not certain on that price)

Great value for the bloke who rarely wears a suit:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

amiable wrote: »

Thats me!! :) I was thinking of just renting one but I'd like to have one also as I'll hopefully need it for job interviews and the like over the next few months, as well as a wedding or two. Bout time I owned my own suit I think!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

alan1990 wrote: »
    amiable wrote: »

Thats me!! :) I was thinking of just renting one but I'd like to have one also as I'll hopefully need it for job interviews and the like over the next few months, as well as a wedding or two. Bout time I owned my own suit I think!

I'd be inclined to invest in a decent enough suit so if you have interviews. Nothing worse than an ill fitting suit that looks cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

Soulcrew09 wrote: »
    Sextons on Thomas st is good value for money, always knocked a few quid off when buying a few bits.

+1
    Always give a good deal and the suits are really good quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I have a few good Remus ones I got for a good price in Tony Connollys. They are formal I guess. Anyone know where you would get a good casual suit which would make me look as good as any of the Bad Seeds!:cool::cool:

Advertisement