Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Baby massage classes?

• 06-07-2011 8:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 747 ✭✭✭

Hi all, saw an advert for local baby massage classes and me and my partner are interested in doing it but was just wondering if it is actually any good and what they do? My son is 2 weeks old, is he too young at this stage or not? It said in advert it was good for babies with collic and he is quite difficult to wind and does have bad wind sometimes so thought it would be a good idea on that front anyway. Advice and info from anyone who has been please;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I'm sure the classes are great but I'd signed up to pilates and other classes so couldn't afford another one. I looked it up on youtube and found some great clips. I used to do it as part of the evening time routine until about 11 weeks when his colic/wind subsided. I found it really good for getting his wind out and generally calming him down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭Terpsichore

I did a baby massage class with my son, just before he started to crawl (one of the condition). He was the oldest baby there, so all the others were quite young, but I'm not sure about a two weeks old. Pick up your phone and ask the course organisers.
    Of course all depends on the serious and involvment of the person who will give you the course, so it's difficult to juge this side.
    I did love going for the classe. It was very relaxed for both mum and baby. And yes I do believe it can help baby for different uncomfortable ailment like winds, digestion, sleep...
    The cost of the course was covered by my medical insurance, which was welcome as I was at the end of my maternity leave! Enquire with the person in charge.
    If it's seriously organised, it should be a real pleasure for the two of you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 747 ✭✭✭qwertytlk

Thanks.a. Took the number down tonight when i was at the shops but it was too late to call so i will do it in the morning. It Says it is free of charge.. Hope that doesn't mean it will be loosely organised, but then again why would it mean that! It started this tues and it runs for 5 weeks so hopefully there are still places left and il be allowed to join the group late!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Claire de Lune

Hi,

I did a baby massage course when my son was 3 months old, it was great, we both loved it. Babies had to be at least 6 weeks old for the course I did.

I massaged my son regularly up until he was 7/8 months, after that he was wriggling too much :D

Advertisement