Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which of these two boards??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

I prefer the escape board but don't ask me why...

That said the other board will be better to learn on

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Maple77

Why better to learn on Rodento , because its a bit thicker??

It's thinker and wider so you should catch more waves

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭dermo909

I recently started surfing hardboards and ended up buying a 7'6" cortez http://www.surfdome.com/cortez_surfboards_-_cortez_funboard_surfboard,_blue_stripe_-_7ft_6-37827

I'm also 6' tall but am only 12 stone so I thought that length might have been a bit ambitious for me. I was renting a 7'10 circle one epoxy board for a while which was a bit thinner across the top and half an inch thinner in depth. On clean days I could get up on this board no problems(after initially getting my balance sorted - that took a while) I was having good fun on that circle one but unfortunately it was a bit out of my price range.

Not having alot of money to throw at my first board I ended up balancing price against features/board length. I thought I'd have some trouble on the 7'6 but I could'nt have been more wrong. The board was thicker across the top and thicker in depth which makes it sit higher in the water. That extra floatation really makes up for the 4" I was missing. It balances so well that I caught the very first wave I went for!

I've been out 5 times on the board in the past couple of weeks and have been progressing nicely. I definitely picked the right board.

The construction seems top notch and seems very durable. Have'nt dinged it yet anyway.

I dont know anything about escape boards but I'd highly recommend a cortez board.

You be better off getting a local shaper or a good second hand one

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭FlashD

Food for thought.

I'm about 5'11 and 11.5 stone.

Started surfing a 9'6 about 5 years ago, offloaded all my other boards.

Always quickest to paddle out, pure smooth and catch about double the waves everyone else does on a good day.

Normally have nice long sessions too, no struggle like! :)

Regards.:cool:

Advertisement