Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peed off xbox live noob

Options
  • 06-07-2011 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

Hi guys
    Went onto xbox live this morning for the first time and played modern warfare 4, when I was playing some matches I was getting lots of spam writing on the left of my screen and was making it difficult for me to see the game properly it was sooo annoying is there a way to stop this?

Not very happy about it especially when I'm paying for a subscription service.

Thanks
    Hellraiser2k11

P.S Feel free to ad me if ye like, new to this online gaming so I'm Billy no online mates at the moment :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

mac500 wrote: »
    Hi guys
    Went onto xbox live this morning for the first time and played modern warfare 4, when I was playing some matches I was getting lots of spam writing on the left of my screen and was making it difficult for me to see the game properly it was sooo annoying is there a way to stop this?

Not very happy about it especially when I'm paying for a subscription service.

Thanks
    Hellraiser2k11

P.S Feel free to ad me if ye like, new to this online gaming so I'm Billy no online mates at the moment :)

Hey, dude, how's it going. First off, I reckon it was the fisrt Modern Warfare (CoD4) you were playing, unless you're from the future, lol. Anyways, I think the writing you're talking about it actually keeping you posted on what's happening on the battle feild. "Gamertage1 killed Gamertag2" "Gamertag15 used a killstreak" and so on. I don't think you can turn it off though, but I'm not 100% on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Willbbz

Are you talking about the kill feed? There's no way to disable that part of your HUD

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭mac500

Ya lol its the old one, I thought I'd be better starting with that cos the hardcore guys are prob playing the newer ones and I might no get my ass totally kicked (how wrong was I lol)

No I'm not on about the kill feed Info, I know thats supposed to be there,
    What im getting is about 10 lines or more of "if u want to remove this sign up to www.something.com" and it just keeps repeating it's self with about 10 lines taking up a good bit of the left side of screen.

It's definatly spam and not part of the game, it's somebody that logs into the game cos I can see when their gamertag logs in/logs out of the game, when they log out all that annoying writing stops

Cant remember the actual web address so just put "something" so give an idea of what I'm talking about

Hmmm, I have no idea how to deal with that then, dude. Maybe it was just because of one guy you were gaming with? Or has it happened in a few matchs with diiferent folks? I reckon test-drive it again tomorrow, and if this is not happening, then it was just someone acting the bollox. If it is still happening though, I don't have a solution :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

You said you cacn see when this person logs on/off. As in you get an X Box pop up ie the XBox logo with "So and So" logged into X Box Live? If sot then this person is friends with you on X Box Live and is a spammer/hacker/whatever. You might hace accepted their add after a match?

Either way, report them then remove them from your friend list. Should sort it out

• Advertisement

I have no friends lol I've just set it up online and have added no one, anyone I know plays the ps3, I got the xbox because to me it seems better and I prefer the controller.

Anyway, I'll give it a go again tomorrow and take a pic if I can so ye can get a better understanding,

When I was saying I can see them log on/ log off, I meant I can see the the person entering and leaving the game, I dont mean seeing someone from my buddy list logging in and out, hope that makes it clearer,

I'm not the best at explaining things lol

Cheers for the help.
    Hellraiser2k11

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

It's people hacking the game unfortunately. I experienced it in COD4 recently and it saddened me as COD4 is one of the best online games ever. You won't be able to get rid of the writing you're talking about unless you land in a game that's not being hacked/modded. The writing is the hackers themselves advertising in the game.

Feckn b@€&ards, is it just that game it happens to or other games, I thought xbox live was a secure from hackers, that was one of the reasons I picked it of the ps3, pitty ya cant report the gamer tags they use

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

It is as Moiph said, haxors. If you get them in a game, do not quit, just turn your xbox off as they can mess with your ranks and unlocks otherwise. Xbox is generally safe, just CoD4 is neglected. Report the hackers to ensure they do not get a repeat performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭bastados

Apparently stateside the hacking is a whole deal worse..havent seen too much of it myself thankfully...and doesnt COD4 look so dated these days?.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Feckn b@€&ards, is it just that game it happens to or other games, I thought xbox live was a secure from hackers, that was one of the reasons I picked it of the ps3, pitty ya cant report the gamer tags they use

You can report them. On their profile page, go to "File Complaint".

• Registered Users Posts: 15,374 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Its a server hack im afraid, dont pay any attention to it. it cant take your details and dont give yor details out to anyone over xbox live and you'll be fine, if its really annoying you, ring activision and give out stink! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭davidk11811

It has little to do with Microsoft, all though you can report them through filing a complaint as someone mentioned. The only way this will be stopped is by the game developers themselves. Modern Warfare 2 doesnt seem to have hackers but CoD4 and Waw do. It's a shame they won't fix it since they are great games.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

W@W has some serious hacking going on. Every game has at least two lads just flying around the sky.
    Its sad to see as a lot of people would still consider that the best online COD.
    (Not me though, MW2 all the way. :P )

Thanks guys, I'll just have to deal with it I suppose, I've played it a bit more and it's not too bad, it's only on a few matches

Why is this call of duty thing so difficult?? Lol I'm getting slaughtered

Thanks guys, I'll just have to deal with it I suppose, I've played it a bit more and it's not too bad, it's only on a few matches

Why is this call of duty thing so difficult?? Lol I'm getting slaughtered

It really takes a lot of getting used to. I only started playing around last xmas. Took forever before I could hold a fight. Spent ages getting my ass firmly whipped first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

It is difficult. I would suggest maybe playing FFA and Search and Destroy in any CoD to improve at the game. FFA will help you react quick, where as S&D will give you information on the maps through spectating your team mates if you die. And get into the habit of watching killcams.
    Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,374 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Call of duty is a massive learning curve... especially for teh n00bs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

COD4 is hacked to bits these days MW2 isnt but theres more annoying players on it. You will get better, play at a slower pace and stick with your teammates. I got into MW2 online a few months after it came out and got annihlated for the first few weeks, but ones you start knowing the maps like the back of your hand and you know the spawn points its much easier. Play Domination as well as if the enemy team has one flag and your team has 2 they'll only ever appear at their flag so you know exactly where they'll be coming from.

Advertisement