Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Directions to Beech Park, Lucan (via M50) please

• 06-07-2011 10:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭

can someone give me STEP-BY-STEP! directions to Beech Park in Lucan, I'll be coming via the M50 from the Northbound side (Dundrum direction).......many many thanks! btw, tried to do this on Streetview and keep ending up in Palmerstown!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 174 ✭✭gwjones42

Well......I've just re-read what I wrote and am thinking you might want to give Street View another go, as there might be a bit too much information here................See what you think.....

Take the slip-road for the N4 west from the M50 (I reckon you already knew that though).

Next thing to do is merge onto the N4 (You'll be alongside Liffey Valley Shopping Centre, with it on your left, followed by the imposing Clarion Hotel). Keep going straight past both of these.

In fact, you can relax for a minute or two until you see the sign for EXIT 3 (Ballydowd). You want to take this.

It's a normal straight slip-road. At the top you need to turn right. This will bring you on a bridge across the N4. Woodies DIY will be on your right after crossing.

As you reach the end of this road (Still beside Woodies) at a T-Junction with lights, you need to turn left. It has a flashing amber light and its own lane, so be careful to get into it.

You're now on the Old Lucan Road and Beech Park isn't too far away!!!

I could tell you the distance to travel in kilometers......it's exactly 1.2 km straight down this road, always keeping to the left at forks in the road.... Then turn left up a very steep hill. One more left turn at the top of the hill, followed by a quick right has you in Beech Park.

-or-

Maybe saying what you'll pass on the road before Beech Park might make it easier........

At the Woodies Junction, you've turned left. Very soon you'll pass a small turn to the left (Esker Lane), followed by another (Ballydowd), and another (Roselawn) and another (Chalet Gardens). They all have big stones at the front with their names written on them.

After the turn for Chalet Gardens, you will come to a fork in the road. Stay left and pass the church on your left as you go down the road. There will be a small car-park on your left just after the church. The left turn at the end of this car park is the one you need to take.

Take it and go up the steep hill. At the top, turn left again, then take a quick right. That's Beech Park!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭lord lucan

I'll take a stab at this,hope it's understandable.

Take exit 7 off of the N4. Head west and take exit 3 off the N4(just past the Foxhunter). At the top of the off ramp turn right and cross the overpass. Take the left turn onto the Lucan road. Continue along the road,you'll pass Molloys Stores on the left hand side. Just after a set of pedestrian lights take a left onto a road called Chalet Gardens. Continue up this road and you'll arrive into Beech Park.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 174 ✭✭gwjones42

lord lucan wrote: »
    I'll take a stab at this,hope it's understandable.

Take exit 7 off of the N4. Head west and take exit 3 off the N4(just past the Foxhunter). At the top of the off ramp turn right and cross the overpass. Take the left turn onto the Lucan road. Continue along the road,you'll pass Molloys Stores on the left hand side. Just after a set of pedestrian lights take a left onto a road called Chalet Gardens. Continue up this road and you'll arrive into Beech Park.

Ha! I like to make things complicated!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭lord lucan

gwjones42 wrote: »
    Ha! I like to make things complicated!!

It's hard to describe a route to somewhere you know!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

many thanks all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Black Sky

Both entrances work... and they all link up anyway.....
    Chalet Gardens Entrance takes you to the Higher house numbers first...
    Up the hill (Lucan Heights Entrance), takes you into the lower house numbers first...
    3rd entrance... ok not going there....

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,771 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

And if you own a Nokia smartphone, load the free satnav app (Ovi maps) and use the free maps and just type in the address you want to go to :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

all - thanks so much for the directions - headed to Lucan this evening, directions were bang on

Advertisement