Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cycling Club in Dublin Southside

• 06-07-2011 10:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭

Hi lads

Looking to join a club in Dublin (recently moved here) to get stronger this summer and put in a good winter and meet a few people.

About me: Just did the Ring of Kerry in 6 hour 5 mins and have been doing 100km spins over the Dublin mountains averaging around 27km.

I know of Orwell in Dundrum and they sound great but just wondering what else is around?

I live in Dublin 4 so looking for a club on the southside that is near me.

Dundrum would mean 12km extra on to a spin but might be worth it??

Any Orwell people here know what spins ye do?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

No club goes for spins around the city so no matter who you join, you will have to get out of the city in some direction.

Do you want to race or tour, or both even?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

Raam wrote: »
    No club goes for spins around the city so no matter who you join, you will have to get out of the city in some direction.

Do you want to race or tour, or both even?

I would hardly be looking for spins around the city centre if I am doing 100km plus at weekends.

Just wondering who is close to my house to find out how far it is to meet them.

Prob looking at tours but I won't rule out racing if I get a good winter in.

Cheers Raam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

You're a modern day hero.

You can filter the list here by province and county.
    http://www.cyclingireland.ie/Home/Club-List.aspx

Sorrento ain't far from you, neither are ThinkBike. Bound to be more.

Advertisement