Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Training Queries for kickboxing

• 06-07-2011 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hello all , just a quick question about a weight issue. Im currently weighting 83 kilograms and need to get down to 74 kg within just under two months, Is this an appropriate amount of time and is it achievable, I train kickboxing 3 times per week and only back training a month and a half, Also hand speed is an issue could someone advise me on maybe how to improve this, thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Bagels90

in my opinion its totally achievable if you are dedicated enough... im no expert but i managed to drop 4 kilos in just over a week (originally weighing 81kg) by running every day cutting down to 3 meals a day only and cutting carbs down...a carb free diet is what i would advise and a lot of cardio(2 or 3 mile run) not just kickboxing training... and of course cut back on your water ...as i said im definitely not an expert but that helped me a lot good luck :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 748 ✭✭✭boxer.fan

This is very achievable, it all depends on your determination & willpower to achieve it.

I had to overcome something similar a few years back. I dropped 12 kg in 6 weeks. Its not easy but is very rewarding when it comes to weigh in time.

Be prepared to run 5 days per week. 3 X 5km (minimum) and 2 X 10km (minimum). Try also to fit a few 100m sprints in each km. If possible try and get the roadwork done in the mornings so you will be reasonably well recovered come kickboxing training time in the evening.
    If possible it is also a good idea to do 1/2 hour on crosstrainer or skipping rope prior to scheduled kickboxing classes. This may not be an option for you but I used to carry a skipping rope to work also & do 15 / 20 mins during lunch break. Every little helps.

As for diet it is counter productive to cut out all carbs completely. Without some level of carb in the diet you will not be able to train properly. Porridge or weetabix for breakfast along with boiled egg is good. Tuna / Chicken salad is good for lunch, & also lean meat & green veg for dinner. Take in plenty of water also, at least 2 or 3 litres per day, only start to restrict water on the days approaching weigh in.

It is also a good idea to take a multivitamin. This is what worked for me, but you should really be discussing this with your coach on a weekly basis. There is much more to weight management than can be discussed on here and every individual case is different.

Good luck with it anyway and let us know how you get on. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

+1 on what boxer.fan said. Excelent advice

Only thing Id suggest is for the second month, instead of the 10ks do sprints, 10x100m on flat or even better find yourself a nice big hill to sprint up. Nothing better for increasing your explosive energy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭RoboRat

I dropped nearly a stone in the last 4 weeks with training hard 4 days a week doing MMA & Judo and doing a Paleo style diet. I eat 6 times a day as follows:
    • Breakfast: Porridge, 2 soft boiled eggs, 1 slice of wholegrain bread (no butter), protein shake
    • 11am: 1 portion of lean meat (1 small skinless chicken breast, 1 turkey steak, fat free pork chop, lean piece of steak) and 50g of brown rice.
    • 1pm: as above
    • 4pm: 1 portion of lean meat plus veggies
    • 6pm: 1 portion of lean meat plus veggies
    • 9pm: scrambled eggs (2 full eggs, 4 whites) with smoked salmon and protein shake.

Its tough to start with but its working with me. I do take supplements and on training days and I would skip the 6pm meal and have a banana or some porridge with isoplus about 1.5 hours before training.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭youllneverknow

Train more eat healthy, go sauna on the day of the weigh in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭tysonslovechild

thanks for the advice lads , will defo take it on board.

Advertisement