Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help needed with thesis

• 06-07-2011 10:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 459 ✭✭

Hi All,

I was hoping to get some advice on my thesis. I have created a survey to gauge consumer opinions on marketing-related topics. I am trying to capture as diverse a demographic as possible, to make sure the survey is a realistic reflection of Irish consumers. At the moment most of my responses are from consumers in the 30-39 age bracket. i am trying to get more responses from those outside this age group.

Do you think if I posted a link on this website to the survey it would be risky or a good idea? Obviously I don't want to take any chances, so your advice on whether this is a good idea would really be appreciated

Thanks all.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,096 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Meursault wrote: »
    Hi All,

I was hoping to get some advice on my thesis. I have created a survey to gauge consumer opinions on marketing-related topics. I am trying to capture as diverse a demographic as possible, to make sure the survey is a realistic reflection of Irish consumers. At the moment most of my responses are from consumers in the 30-39 age bracket. i am trying to get more responses from those outside this age group.

Do you think if I posted a link on this website to the survey it would be risky or a good idea? Obviously I don't want to take any chances, so your advice on whether this is a good idea would really be appreciated

Thanks all.

You'll probably have to survey the forum mods to find out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Here is the only place you can post a survey on this site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

I suggest that you have a discussion with your supervisor. I certainly would not accept such a sampling strategy as sufficient for a proper study.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 459 ✭✭Meursault

Thanks for the advice guys. I will check that link out for surveys. To be honest, I don't foresee any issues with my supervisor. Basically I need the opinions of consumers, regardless of demographic. I have already undertaken qualitative research, by conducting 10 face to face interviews with specifically chosen managers, and had the full approval of my supervisor for each candidate. The survey is actually just an additional element to my primary research, which was actually not required at all. I just thought it would be worth undertaking. At the moment the vast majority of respondents are in their 30s, I just want to spread this out to other age groups to get a clearer picture. I just dont know all that many people over 40 or under 20 that would take this seriously. Anyway, thanks again for the advice

Advertisement