Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to live when working in Blanchardstown ??

Options
  • 07-07-2011 12:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi people,

I'm due to start working in Blanchardstown/Ballycoolin soon and need to start house hunting. Due to friends/buzz being in town I want to life half way between town and work so I was thinking Navan road maybe Smithfield ... ? Is this a good idea/bad idea ? How long of a drive am I looking at in the mornings ? Also is parking pricey ?? Suggestions/Advice welcome :)

:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Navan road, ashtown, royal canal park, racecourse or Castleknock would all be good. You'll be out in blanchardstown very quick from any of these, might hit a little traffic getting off the n3 but that depends on your start time....

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Be very aware of the bottlenecks - do a trial run in the morning, and see where they are. This may give you an idea on what route may be bad for you. Esp if you are in at 9am, as there are schools on some of the routes, on other routes there are many roads converging onto one.

Haven't gone that way in a few years, but avoid the N3 exit that leads onto Snugborough Road, as the feed from the N3, Blanchardstown village, and traffic from another road all converge onto one set of traffic lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

I grew up in Castleknock, just off the N3, in behind the Esso garage, I have to say it was very handy to get anywhere, straight out onto the motorway and getting to Blanchardstown was always very handy. You are within walking distance there of Blanchardstown village if you are going out for a few, Phoenix Park and a short bus journey if you are heading into town for the night.

Ashtown could be an option too, not sure of what the traffic is like these days there as it has become so built up but the roundabout there would be hard enough to get onto on the Ashtown side however if you were handy with the back roads you would be able to get into work without going the main N3 route.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭finnteme

Im living in city center, buss 38/b and 40d takes me to Ballycoolin in 30 minutes, and back within 40 minutes.

There is also a private hire, that starts running fr. 6.30 in the morning, direct to Ballycoolin, i use that very often.

http://www.amconline.ie/busservices.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 19 elgirl

finnteme wrote: »
    Im living in city center, buss 38/b and 40d takes me to Ballycoolin in 30 minutes, and back within 40 minutes.

There is also a private hire, that starts running fr. 6.30 in the morning, direct to Ballycoolin, i use that very often.

http://www.amconline.ie/busservices.asp

Hey Finnteme,

this looks really good I'd rather live in town, they go exactly to the corporate park where I'd be too. I cant see a price on the site though any idea how much a weekly ticket costs ?

Thanks a mil

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭finnteme

elgirl wrote: »
    Hey Finnteme,

this looks really good I'd rather live in town, they go exactly to the corporate park where I'd be too. I cant see a price on the site though any idea how much a weekly ticket costs ?

Thanks a mil

Hi, single ticket costs 2.20
    and 10 journey card 20.00 euros

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

elgirl wrote: »
    Hi people,

I'm due to start working in Blanchardstown/Ballycoolin soon and need to start house hunting. Due to friends/buzz being in town I want to life half way between town and work so I was thinking Navan road maybe Smithfield ... ? Is this a good idea/bad idea ? How long of a drive am I looking at in the mornings ? Also is parking pricey ?? Suggestions/Advice welcome :)

:confused:

why don't you live the other side, off the huntstown/hartstown road. there are some nice estates there you could cycle (cycle track now the whole way into blanchardstown) very easily within a few minutes. Prices would be cheaper also.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

why don't you live the other side, off the huntstown/hartstown road. there are some nice estates there you could cycle (cycle track now the whole way into blanchardstown) very easily within a few minutes. Prices would be cheaper also.

Public access to city centre takes a lot longer though. True prices are much cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 elgirl

thanks for all the replies people, still unsure basically for social reasons :D so heres another question what are my public transport options from city centre , north city centre to blanchardstown corporate park

Advertisement