Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sky are disgusting

Options
  • 07-07-2011 12:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭

okay so it may be a bit of a rant but here we go, Gary Cotteril(?) the sky reporter is an absolute embaressment and The coverage that sky have given Luka Modric over the past while has been disgusting. Basically chelsea had an offer that was refused as Luka has just signed a 5 year contract... but this was to sky the chance to spin it as the scoop of the summer... with their 'sources' (that being totally fabricated) claiming that he wanted to leave and join chelsea,. This then became a timeline of what he was doing as he flew home, with min by min updates... culminating in the schoolboy antics of gary cotteril sticking a micraphone in modric's face looking for a quote, to which luka eventually had to say to him 'please stop acting the c**t ' in not so many words. But thats not all.... cut to WHL where the sky cameras are waiting for Levy to have this big meeting !!! (where levy reminded him about his contract and told him he wouldnt be sold). so we have no change whatso ever, and sky are freaked because their precious chelsea didnt make the signing of the summer....
    personally I applaud levy for sticking to his guns but do look a little bit at Redknapp and his media circus of self promotion, having been in the sky studios yesterday (the day before all this coverage).... Those who still think his appearances are in any way of benifit to the club, you wont/dont see wenger/ferguson even daglaish going on or ringing up the media in a similiar fashion.
    anyway rant over :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Lets hope Modric shuts up now and just gets on with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

personally I applaud levy for sticking to his guns but do look a little bit at Redknapp and his media circus of self promotion, having been in the sky studios yesterday (the day before all this coverage).... Those who still think his appearances are in any way of benifit to the club, you wont/dont see wenger/ferguson even daglaish going on or ringing up the media in a similiar fashion.
    anyway rant over :mad:

Leaving aside the fact that Sky are idiots. Levy is doing very well so far in his handling of this but lets remember this game runs until 1st September. We won't know how successful Levy's strategy is until them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

yiddo59 wrote: »
    Leaving aside the fact that Sky are idiots. Levy is doing very well so far in his handling of this but lets remember this game runs until 1st September. We won't know how successful Levy's strategy is until them.

+1

Also, Redknapp and Sky go hand in hand... remember this is the same fella who complains about fans ringing phone ins, the players have not even started pre season training and he was in the sky studios :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I must say their 'coverage' of the 'breaking story' was a joke.

The evening before (Tuesday), they had a reporter outside WHL with absolutely nothing new to add to what everyone already knew.

Having said that, if the shoe was on the other foot and they where outside SB breaking a story about Drogba leaving for spurs, then we'd all be glued to it and loving SSN :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭Tito Ortiz

yiddo59 wrote: »

What is the deal on offer ??? I would let him go for cash and a player our way. Mikel and 15mil would be good business !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭golfball37

Tito Ortiz wrote: »
    What is the deal on offer ??? I would let him go for cash and a player our way. Mikel and 15mil would be good business !!

I think you left out a digit there? Mikel wouldn't even get in our team imo.

For 15m I'd want Drogba & Sturridge tbh.

All the media are at it, headline on Sun today is Mad Mod ffs. They are making out that Modric was fuming with Levy yesterday and demanding to leave.

His agent has just said this morning that he won't be putting in a transfer request so I assume thats the end of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

:o

Mikel? no way! But if they added Drogba to the 22m I'd be happy with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

25 million plus anelka an drogba - let him off then

spend 20 million on marin and 5 on parker

done!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Maynoothspur

Closer to the 30m + Dogbar on the condition that we have a suitable replacement lined up and I don't mean Scott feckin Parker. Plus a STRIKER FFS! Otherwise I'm happy for Modders to stay and don't think he's the type to sulk about it (hopefully).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 Maynoothspur

Mickman I like that but there's no chance of an offer like that. Plus Drogba and Anelka together? I'd prefer one or the other with a little terrier like Tevez (I know dreaming) or and I know this isn't going to be very popular..... Bellamy?

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭wellboys

mickman wrote: »
    25 million plus anelka an drogba - let him off then

spend 20 million on marin and 5 on parker

done!

25 million and 2 players that are that little bit older? Not a great deal.. If chelsea were to be offering players theyd want to be shoving Sturridge on to the negotiation table.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,734 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

wellboys wrote: »
    25 million and 2 players that are that little bit older? Not a great deal.. If chelsea were to be offering players theyd want to be shoving Sturridge on to the negotiation table.

Yeah I'd want Sturridge or McEachran to be coming our way in any deal. It's all irrelevant anyway 'cos Luka is staying put ;)

Closer to the 30m + Dogbar on the condition that we have a suitable replacement lined up and I don't mean Scott feckin Parker. Plus a STRIKER FFS! Otherwise I'm happy for Modders to stay and don't think he's the type to sulk about it (hopefully).

the sulking has begun ;)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jul/10/luka-modric-daniel-levy-spurs?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+theguardian%2Ffootball%2Frss+%28Football%29

Advertisement