Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most expensive pint in Dublin at the moment?

Options
  • 07-07-2011 1:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭

How much is it going for these days, is Cafe en Seine still open or any similar place for the 'elite'?

I've read so much about these places on boards, just never esperienced it for myself.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Fitzsimons is expensive iirc.

Temple Bar Emporium was the dearest bottle of Heinken I've ever seen, €6 iirc.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭richardjjd

Pint of Guinness €6 in the Merrion Hotel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

Paid 5 euro for a Guinness in Break for the Border a few weeks ago. Early evening time.

Broke my heart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

€5.40 lager on some Baggot Street pubs; absolute rip-off considering they aren't even upmarket places!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭saintsaltynuts

6.50+ for a Large Pint Bottle of Bulmers in the Hairy Lemon... extortion to say the least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭JosDel

Paid 6.60 in that hole gogartys one sunday night....rip off swines

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Cafe en Seine is not where the elite go... it's where the wanna be elite goes. It's almost a showoff thing for them to pay more there, really makes me :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭DoesNotCompute

Needler wrote: »
    How much is it going for these days, is Cafe inSane Prices still open or any similar place for the 'elite'?

I've read so much about these places on boards, just never esperienced it for myself.

FYP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

6.50+ for a Large Pint Bottle of Bulmers in the Hairy Lemon... extortion to say the least.

I think a pint of Guinness is 5 euro in that place as well. Ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

There should also be a sticky with THE CHEAPEST PINT IN DUBLIN !!!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

ronan45 wrote: »
    There should also be a sticky with THE CHEAPEST PINT IN DUBLIN !!!!! :D

That varies though;

A club that does €2 pints, but has a cover charge isn't necessarily the 'cheapest' place.
    A pub might have €4.05 Guinness but could be an absolute sh1thole so it isn't worth it.

We should just compile the prices and deals that are available in pubs in the city centre.

That varies though;

A club that does €2 pints, but has a cover charge isn't necessarily the 'cheapest' place.
    A pub might have €4.05 Guinness but could be an absolute sh1thole so it isn't worth it.

We should just compile the prices and deals that are available in pubs in the city centre.

True

My Local X 4.45 for a pint, Expensive Pints But Great Staff and Nice decor
    My Local Y 3.50 for a pint, absolute dump and the Barman scowls at you for interupting his tv viewing to get you a pint

Needler wrote: »
    How much is it going for these days, is Cafe en Seine still open or any similar place for the 'elite'?

I thought the Elite has moved to "Harrys on the Green" yaaaaa or "Crystallll" Yaaa

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

from experience, it's a toss up between fitzsimons and the templebar - especially after 11 (could be wrong on the time) when the price increases ever so slightly

i've heard the gogarty is expensive but i've never set foot in the place

poor feckin' tourists

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

du Maurier wrote: »
    I think a pint of Guinness is 5 euro in that place as well. Ridiculous.

tis time to brew your own. five euro is pretty much standard?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Fuinseog wrote: »
    Brew your own and bring it to the pub with you? ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

The Mint Bar in the Westin actually have staff apologising over the price of the drink...it was 6 for a guiness ages ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭petethebrick

I boycotted that place ages ago. It's a cramped kip in any regard and to be charging 5.50 for pints of lager in the middle of the afternoon is beyond a joke.

Re Fitzsimmons: I was in there with a friend recently and charged 640 for a smithwicks :( Won't be gracing that place again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭petethebrick

Fuinseog wrote: »

No it isn't. 3.80-4 for a guiness is standard, 4-4.50 for lager is standard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

I boycotted that place ages ago. It's a cramped kip in any regard and to be charging 5.50 for pints of lager in the middle of the afternoon is beyond a joke.

Re Fitzsimmons: I was in there with a friend recently and charged 640 for a smithwicks :( Won't be gracing that place again

6.40 for a pint of farmer juice. That's just taking the pi$$.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

No it isn't. 3.80-4 for a guiness is standard, 4-4.50 for lager is standard

Mate if you find a pint of Guinness in Dublin city centre on a Saturday night for €3.80 you are without a doubt in the cheapest pub in town.

It's €3.70 in our local GAA club, which is subsidised, in Kildare!

Realistically I'd say €5 is the average for the city centre, nearly always over €5 for a lager.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭JosDel

2ndcoming wrote: »
    Mate if you find a pint of Guinness in Dublin city centre on a Saturday night for €3.80 you are without a doubt in the cheapest pub in town.

It's €3.70 in our local GAA club, which is subsidised, in Kildare!

Realistically I'd say €5 is the average for the city centre, nearly always over €5 for a lager.

A pint of Guinness in Cleary's, Amien St (city centre) is €3.80, and it's also a great pint...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,510 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

but do you get more than a regular pint bottle in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭unknownlegend

Paid well north of 6.50 for a bulmers and I think it was near enough 6 quid for a pint of Guinness in st John Gogartys a while back. Only when I got the change back from the twenty did I realise... I won't be making that mistake again:eek:
    Not when there's loads of pubs in the vicinity doing prices for practically half that (O Reillys under Tara station springs to mind).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

Was in Pygmalion. It is a 10 euro cover charge and then pints are 6.10; Kind of expensive to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Academic

JosDel wrote: »
    A pint of Guinness in Cleary's, Amien St (city centre) is €3.80, and it's also a great pint...

Lovely old boozer in many respects, but I don't think they've cleaned the toilets since 1923 ...

Cheers,

Ac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

The average price in Dublin pre budget would have been €5.

Has it now gone up to €5.10?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Degsy wrote: »
    The Mint Bar in the Westin actually have staff apologising over the price of the drink...it was 6 for a guiness ages ago.

But that is a nice place and the staff are very experienced cocktail makers. Your paying for their skills no matter what you drink.

Fitzsimons I paid 6.60 for a pint of paulaner thrown at me and 9.75 for a jd a coke. Only I was at a party I wouldn't go near the place.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Slunk wrote: »
    But that is a nice place and the staff are very experienced cocktail makers. Your paying for their skills no matter what you drink.

Fitzsimons I paid 6.60 for a pint of paulaner thrown at me and 9.75 for a jd a coke. Only I was at a party I wouldn't go near the place.

It's a hotel bar, odds are the staff, even the "experienced cocktail makers" aren't on much more than minimum wage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Got two pints in gogartys recently, so expensive I took a pic of the recent for the craic and we left!.

277823.jpg

Advertisement