Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most expensive pint in Dublin at the moment?

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

sporina wrote: »
    €6.50 for a pint of carlsberg in the o2 sat night..

You only have yourself to blame.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,688 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Ravelleman wrote: »
    You only have yourself to blame.

? Can you leave the O2 buy a cheap pint and go back in? Is any one that reports high prices anywhere going to get ridiculed for posting?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

John_Rambo wrote: »
    ? Can you leave the O2 buy a cheap pint and go back in? Is any one that reports high prices anywhere going to get ridiculed for posting?

Ravelleman is technically correct in that as long as people pay, the prices remain the same.

However saying it doesn't really encourage people to share their info/experiences.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Lucena wrote: »
    Ravelleman is technically correct in that as long as people pay, the prices remain the same.

He is not technically correct because the other poster didn't actually say that they paid that price - just that that was the price of a pint at that venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,322 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

sporina wrote: »
    €6.50 for a pint of carlsberg in the o2 sat night..

I was in the 02 on Saturday night and EVERY 400ml (not a pint) of Carlsberg I bought was e5:50.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

Beefy78 wrote: »
    He is not technically correct because the other poster didn't actually say that they paid that price - just that that was the price of a pint at that venue.

I stand technically corrected! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Birneybau wrote: »
    I was in the 02 on Saturday night and EVERY pint of Carlsberg I bought was e5:50.
    Open to correction on this, but I'm almost sure the plastic glasses are 400ml, so €5.50 a drink (which is what I paid last week) is closer to €7.80 when worked up to a pint.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,879 ✭✭✭sporina

wow you guys are flat out splitting hairs here..

I did have a 400ml/pint of carlsberg but I didn't buy it; it was bought for me - and I was sure that my said it was €6.50 - but maybe it was €5.50… still silly money - just had the one - not like i was gonna be getting pissed there..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Lucena wrote: »

However saying it doesn't really encourage people to share their info/experiences.

I made an assumption that the poster had bought a pint at that price.

If I was too hasty in saying that then I too only have myself to blame.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

If it was a 400ml plastic glass, then it wasn't €5.50 a pint or even €6.50 a pint.

It was €7.81 a pint.

1 pint = 568ml
    0.7 pint = 400ml

0.7 pints @ €5.50 = €7.81 per pint.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

dilallio wrote: »
    If it was a 400ml plastic glass, then it wasn't €5.50 a pint or even €6.50 a pint.

It was €7.81 a pint.

1 pint = 568ml
    0.7 pint = 400ml

0.7 pints @ €5.50 = €7.81 per pint.

That's unreal!
    Does it say the quantity anywhere at the bar / signage etc... or is it just on the glass?
    For example, I'd always just ask 'pint of x' at such an event... I'd be miffed if no one explicitly didnt say it wasnt a pint. the assumption is there surely that the punter is paying for a pint... and at inflated pint prices even at that!

Would be interested if someone has an insight into the legalities- surely the Intoxicating Liquor Act requires price lists to be published, as well as the sizes of the measures?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Pinch Flat wrote: »
    Would be interested if someone has an insight into the legalities- surely the Intoxicating Liquor Act requires price lists to be published, as well as the sizes of the measures?

It's probably behind the bar somewhere.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Pinch Flat wrote: »
    surely the Intoxicating Liquor Act requires price lists to be published, as well as the sizes of the measures?
    AFAIK it's the Retail Price (Beverages in Licensed Premises) Display Order, 1976, and enforcement of this sort thing is abysmal.

So, what do you think the impact on beer sales on these gigs would be if it clearly stated on a price list said that Guinness & Carlsberg (400ml) were both €5.50? And that's without including spirits and mixers, which are probably just as extortionate.

Personally, I'll never have more than one , perhaps two, at a gig and never a spirit and mixer - so no big deal and no real alternative - other than the trusty hip flask, which has been known to happen :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

is it not likely that they would make far more just charging a straight fiver a pint? at those prices, I would have thought a lot of people will either a) not buy them or b) only have one or two... I personally have a limit on how much I'm prepared to be ripped off...

I read in the indo earlier that JD Wetherspoon have purchased tonic in Blackrock, it cost €3,000,000 and they hope to open in april...

http://www.independent.ie/business/budget-uk-pub-chain-wetherspoon-comes-to-blackrock-29781809.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

Just to let people know, the bleeding horse raised the price of a pint of Tom Creans by €1.50 over the past week to €5.50.

€6.10 for a pint of Heinieken but also for a bottle of Corrs in Buskers tonight. Early doors too.

I'll pay less than that for both in Essex this time next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

€6.10 for a pint of Becks in the Church on Saturday night............outrageous..........It trys so hard to be something its not.

Also, paying that much, id expect a decent pint, but sent two back cause they were absolute muck, and flat as soon as it hit the counter.........

jossnjuice wrote: »
    €6.10 for a pint of Becks in the Church on Saturday night............outrageous..........It trys so hard to be something its not.

Also, paying that much, id expect a decent pint, but sent two back cause they were absolute muck, and flat as soon as it hit the counter.........

I went in there on Saturday afternoon for the first time and the Guinness was terrible.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

5.80 for a 400ml of Bud in the RDS on Saturday at the rugby. Don't really care too much though, you should expect to pay stupid prices at matches

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

are the pints cheaper upstairs in the church?

Advertisement