Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most expensive pint in Dublin at the moment?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

I know Dakota is pretty pricey. €5.50 for a pint of Coors.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

Not when there's loads of pubs in the vicinity doing prices for practically half that (O Reillys under Tara station springs to mind).
    Pints at €3.50 all week :D Got hammered there last Thursday :(
    poisonated wrote: »
    Was in Pygmalion. It is a 10 euro cover charge and then pints are 6.10; Kind of expensive to say the least.
    Went there some weeks ago. Tried to charge me the tenner at 5pm! :eek: Feck off!

Hairy Lemon is kind of expensive too. Pint of Carlsberg about €6 iirc.

O'Reillys ftw :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

pajor wrote: »

Was out for a meal Thursday and went after words for a pint of heineken in Old Storehouse near the temple bar sqaure..€5.90(10pm)..I only had the one thankfully!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

As bad as Dublin is, London is far worse. You'd want to be minted to be heading out there.

The place we were in had 'half-price' drinks up to 8pm. Half-price was €4.10. I bought four bottles of Bulmers and left them on my table for the next hour and a half.

Full price was €8.20 or so.

I was in the Ballsbridge Hotel recently and it's €5.50 for a pint of Bulmers in there. It's piss. Such a pity that nowhere seems to do Strongbow - a far nicer cider.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,466 ✭✭✭✭cson

Door staff at the Hairy Lemon are consistently **** in my experience.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

cson wrote: »
    Door staff at the Hairy Lemon are consistently **** in my experience.

That's got nothing to do with the price of a pint in the place. Lets stay on topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Got two pints in gogartys recently, so expensive I took a pic of the recent for the craic and we left!.

277823.jpg

Suppose they have to pay for their five acts per day. But the most shocking thing is. A pint of harp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

As bad as Dublin is, London is far worse. You'd want to be minted to be heading out there.

The place we were in had 'half-price' drinks up to 8pm. Half-price was €4.10. I bought four bottles of Bulmers and left them on my table for the next hour and a half.

Full price was €8.20 or so.

I was in the Ballsbridge Hotel recently and it's €5.50 for a pint of Bulmers in there. It's piss. Such a pity that nowhere seems to do Strongbow - a far nicer cider.

If you're paying €8.20 for a pint in London, you're not going to the right places.

Lucena wrote: »
    If you're paying €8.20 for a pint in London, you're not going to the right places.

Probably not but I was only there for one night and we were bang in the middle of the city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

pajor wrote: »

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭kelledy

6.80 a pint in gogertys on a sat night. disgrace. ill never go again

Probably not but I was only there for one night and we were bang in the middle of the city centre.

I'd say 4 to 4.50 pounds would be standard enough in London. A bit less if you drink ale.

Lucena wrote: »
    I'd say 4 to 4.50 pounds would be standard enough in London. A bit less if you drink ale.

I must look out for those places the next time I'm down there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Garcia11

Most ive paid is 5 euros in the Oval Bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Mr_Spaceman

I must look out for those places the next time I'm down there.

Jimmy - google Sam Smith's pubs. There are loads of them, independent brewers, all in central London for cheapish pints, around £3.25 or so. These are the places I visit for a recession session.

Sorry, not Dublin I know, but always nice to pass on a thrifty tip.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Not a pint but I saw a 650ml bottle of beer for €28 on Friday! Must be some beer!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭carlmango11

Really depends on the place in my experience. Although I once paid £8 for a Guinness. Couldn't believe it when I counted the change afterwards. Same bar was only £4 for a pint of lager. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Farringtons temple bar. Complete rip off. I remember being charged 7 euro for a pnt bottle of bulmers about 4 years ago

The one in the corner right across Temple Bar pub, they charged me the regular price of pint of Bulmers for a glass that was something between a half pint and a full pint. When I complained waitress answered it was the only size glass they had.
    Needless to say never been back.

On the topic of London, I've always paid quite reasonable prices there, even in central London. Last time though went a bit off the rails and paid £11 for a g&t....

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Got two pints in gogartys recently, so expensive I took a pic of the recent for the craic and we left!.

277823.jpg

I can beat that. Same place, more expensive! WTF?

€6.80 for a pint of Heineken - €6.90 for a pint bottle of Bulmers. Madness.

2013-10-28%2012.57.17.jpg

I regret offering to buy a round when we were only going for one before heading home after dinner! In fairness that place is 100% designed for tourists so no surprise really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I've been in a few places round Leicester Square which charge in that price bracket. But the massive difference between London and Dublin is that even in Leicester Square you're only a few yards away from somewhere where a pint will be way less than half that price. It's very easy to find cheap food and drink in London any time of any day of the week. Dublin - not so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Zascar wrote: »
    I regret offering to buy a round when we were only going for one before heading home after dinner! In fairness that place is 100% designed for tourists so no surprise really.

It is what it is. I quite like Gogartys despite the price. Usually great craic. It's paying €6+ a beer in a mediocre place with no atmosphere that I object to. Plus paying for spirits & mixers anywhere in this town. Buy a couple of rounds of rum & coke in Gogartys and you're really going to be burning through the notes.

€6.80 for a pint of Heineken - €6.90 for a pint bottle of Bulmers. Madness.

WTF!

Of course it's for tourists, it's got feckin' shamrocks hanging off the logo!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭DermoMIO

€5.35 each for Heinekin Carlsberg & Erdinger in Hogans Georges St last night, found that a bit of a random price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭SimonQuinlank

Globe/Ri Ra just up the road from Hogans does pints of Becks for €4.20 and usually has a spirit/mixer special for €5.Less cramped then Hogan's too!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

Beware The Pint on Eden Quay...5.40 for a pint of heniken.

Gypsy Rose on Aston Quay has all drinks for 4 quid before 11..the doorman is an awfull bollix though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

chopper6 wrote: »
    Beware The Pint on Eden Quay...5.40 for a pint of heniken.

Gypsy Rose on Aston Quay has all drinks for 4 quid before 11..the doorman is an awfull bollix though.

Seriously? Read the warning up above, lets leave doormen's attitudes out of this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

January wrote: »
    Seriously? Read the warning up above, lets leave doormen's attitudes out of this.

Apologies..i should've put a smiley on the end...hope he wont infract me now ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Munstermissy

6.60 euro for a pint of bud in Gorgartys last night, plus 3.60 for a can of coke, complete rip off and I thought my local was expensive at 4.70 for a pint!!

Advertisement