Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online pre-order

Options
  • 07-07-2011 4:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭

First off guys if this is not in the correct area I am sorry
    I was going to pre-order Battlefield 3 from play.co.uk

But it got me thinking since the game is out on the 28th
    Would it take longer to get to me considering there was a weekend ahead or would I get the game on the day

So basically my question is - If I pre-order from play will I have to wait a few days or will I get the game on the day of it's release (28/10/11 )

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

One of my friends ordered a game from Play and claims to have got it on release day (Ireland).

My own experience when I pre-ordered a game from them...it came nearly 3 weeks after release date.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Play are pretty horrendous. Most places will aim to ship the game to you so it arrives on release date, but sometimes you can get lucky and get it before.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Yeah play really take their time delivering stuff here, When i was in England they were quite fast with deliveries.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I've ordered 3 games from Play (should've learned after the 1st) to be delivered on release day. The last one was LA Noire which was the closest to release date by being a week late. The other two (Uncharted 2 and Mafia 2) varied at two and a half to three weeks after their release dates.

Never ever ordering from them again, amazon all the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

http://gamesnash.ie/ are pretty good. I've preordered 3 games from them in the past and all arrived a day early, which was nice. Always nice to give your cash to an Irish company to. Not sure if they're doing BF3 though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭EIREHotspur

51.99 pre-order with gamesnash and 43.97 + postage with gamestop.ie.

I am going to pre-order 3 copies with gamestop.ie with 5.50 express delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

51.99 pre-order with gamesnash and 43.97 + postage with gamestop.ie.

I am going to pre-order 3 copies with gamestop.ie with 5.50 express delivery.

Gamestop delivered my copy of Deus Ex HR a day early and that was with the cheap postal option.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

aaronh007 wrote: »
    I've ordered 3 games from Play (should've learned after the 1st) to be delivered on release day. The last one was LA Noire which was the closest to release date by being a week late. The other two (Uncharted 2 and Mafia 2) varied at two and a half to three weeks after their release dates.

Never ever ordering from them again, amazon all the way.

have ye ordered from amazon for a release day delivery? com or co.uk?

Advertisement