Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine Wimax in Smithfield Market

Options
  • 07-07-2011 6:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭

Has anyone in Smithfield Market signed up for Wimax? I was away on Tuesday evening when they were here so I didn't get to hear their sales pitch.

Am thinking about it because Smart has just confirmed to me they have no plans to enable upgrading above 3mb any time soon.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Remember that WiMax speeds are "up to" the advertised speeds while Smart have no contention and you will get the full speed. I've heard of people on the 10mb WiMax in the city getting less than 3mb at peak times.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭superd1978

Anyone any further feedback on this? Im in smithfield market too and hoping to move away from smart if wimax is any use.. ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

Bump. Anyone tried it yet? Anyone?

Getting absolutely atrocious speeds on Smart lately :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement