Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Botched NGB upgrade

Options
  • 07-07-2011 7:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭

Hi folks,
    I'm looking for assistance with an issue i've already logged with broadband support. I haven't had a satisfactory outcome, and from previous experience I have found your boards.ie interaction to be top notch.

existing ticket reference: 4153045

My broadband completely died(no connection what-so-ever) due to a failed NGB upgrade on Eircom's side on the 27th June. It wasn't fixed until 8 days later (Tuesday 5th July), and I had to make about 4 follow-up calls on it. During this time, I wasn't phoned once back by a real person.

On Tuesday 5th, when I called from work for an update on the call, I was advised that a replacement modem was dropped off by engineer. This was a blatant lie by CS to get me off the phone. No such replacement was given. (nor was it needed, this was an Eircom service issue, not a modem issue) The broadband was restored later that evening.

Since the broadband has been restored, I have been getting speeds of 2.5Mb down, when two weeks ago I was getting speeds of 4.5-5Mb down. This is after an alleged "Next Generation Broadband" upgrade. I'm testing with a direct Ethernet connection to the modem.

I'm not happy with this situation at all. I'm all for upgrading speeds/services and understand that there can be some glitches. But the fact is that I lost 8 days of productivity with no broadband what-so-ever while working at home for my business, and the end result is a broadband connection with half the speed.

I was a happy Eircom customer until 2 weeks ago, i'd like to stay on as a customer.. but rectifying this issue is going to make or break it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

hope you get this sorted out here, very doubtful but there is always hope, to save yourself hassle if Eircom start spouting the rhetoric they always spout here, for your own piece of mind just keep this e-mail address to hand

pdonovan@eircom.ie

Its the Eircom CEOS e-mail address, and by rhetoric I mean this

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056229043

Cheers

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

You could just call up support again and ask them to boost your amp profile. It was probably lowered to try and stabilise your line while you had the issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

smartblaa wrote: »
    Hi folks,
    I'm looking for assistance with an issue i've already logged with broadband support. I haven't had a satisfactory outcome, and from previous experience I have found your boards.ie interaction to be top notch.

existing ticket reference: 4153045

My broadband completely died(no connection what-so-ever) due to a failed NGB upgrade on Eircom's side on the 27th June. It wasn't fixed until 8 days later (Tuesday 5th July), and I had to make about 4 follow-up calls on it. During this time, I wasn't phoned once back by a real person.

On Tuesday 5th, when I called from work for an update on the call, I was advised that a replacement modem was dropped off by engineer. This was a blatant lie by CS to get me off the phone. No such replacement was given. (nor was it needed, this was an Eircom service issue, not a modem issue) The broadband was restored later that evening.

Since the broadband has been restored, I have been getting speeds of 2.5Mb down, when two weeks ago I was getting speeds of 4.5-5Mb down. This is after an alleged "Next Generation Broadband" upgrade. I'm testing with a direct Ethernet connection to the modem.

I'm not happy with this situation at all. I'm all for upgrading speeds/services and understand that there can be some glitches. But the fact is that I lost 8 days of productivity with no broadband what-so-ever while working at home for my business, and the end result is a broadband connection with half the speed.

I was a happy Eircom customer until 2 weeks ago, i'd like to stay on as a customer.. but rectifying this issue is going to make or break it.

Hi smartblaa,

Can you send you send on ayour telephone number and I will check that out for you.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭smartblaa

Hi smartblaa,

Can you send you send on ayour telephone number and I will check that out for you.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Mark

I thought the case reference would suffice.
    Either way, I've just PM'd you my account details.

Please reply on this thread when you have an update for me.

Smartblaa

Hi Mark

I thought the case reference would suffice.
    Either way, I've just PM'd you my account details.

Please reply on this thread when you have an update for me.

Smartblaa

Hi Smartblaa,

I just wanted to insure that I was dealing with the right person and account. It may take me a few days to investigate the whole history of your issue. However I will be back to you early next week with an update.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement

Hi Smartblaa,

I just wanted to insure that I was dealing with the right person and account. It may take me a few days to investigate the whole history of your issue. However I will be back to you early next week with an update.

Thanks, Mark

Provided that CS and Tech Support have updated the ticket log, all of the information on the issue should be there for you to see ...plain and simple.

Thanks for your efforts

Smartblaa

Hi Smartblaa,

Thanks, Mark

Any update on this Mark?
    Speeds still not great, and looking for answers to my original complaint.

Any update on this Mark?
    Speeds still not great, and looking for answers to my original complaint.

Hi smartblaa,

I have sent an escalation to broadband support. I appreciate you want the issue resolved asap, however we are investigating the issue in detail and I will get back to you as soon as I have any updates.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Another incident of the Prequal value overriding everything up to and including common sense?! There's several threads now between eircom and Vodafone of the "NGB" upgrades in exchanges leaving customers with worse speeds even though their line could handle more.

Advertisement