Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Farmers Journal

• 07-07-2011 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi,
    Just wondering if anybody knew were I could get past editions of the farmers journal. The dates I'm looking for is last week in April and first in May. Tried the local library's with no luck. I also know I could register on line for the year with the the farmers journal but that would cost €100 and I only need one article, so its not worth that.
    hope someone can help

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,534 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Moved from N&F.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

Bullrun wrote: »
    Hi,
    Just wondering if anybody knew were I could get past editions of the farmers journal. The dates I'm looking for is last week in April and first in May. Tried the local library's with no luck. I also know I could register on line for the year with the the farmers journal but that would cost €100 and I only need one article, so its not worth that.
    hope someone can help

I have the Journal from Saturday April 30th and Saturday May 7th right here in front of me if its of any use. I only recycle newspapers in the office every second month. PM me if its any use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭eorna

What's the article?? have few old ones here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

I know the Library in The University Of Limerick has a journal section, which has the Farmers Journal. It did on the 80's anyway.:D
    Might not be of use to you, but maybe someone else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

pakalasa wrote: »
    I know the Library in The University Of Limerick has a journal section, which has the Farmers Journal. It did on the 80's anyway.:D
    Might not be of use to you, but maybe someone else.

I get the journal most weeks, but just cut out the articles I want and dump the rest the following week, only cluttering up the place.

Ah UL .....they were the days :cool: Yes excellent library and newspaper archive, even better when they relocated to the new building. Prob a bit after your time Pakalasa, I was a late 90's grad :D

Spent alot of time reading agri books even though wasn't studying it :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭49801

you can do a google search of the IFJ for the article using the site specific option. you wont get pictures and tables to come up though.

for example: type "asphalt silage pit site:www.farmersjournal.ie" into the google search.

results

https://encrypted.google.com/search?source=hp&q=asphalt+silage+pit+site%3Awww.farmersjournal.ie&cad=b

hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Bullrun

The article is about 'Rights of ways' My neighbour has stuck half an old ESB pole in the centre of my right of way, so I can only walk between my fields no machinery not even a quad? anyway the article is so-pose to give a lot of information with regards to this subject

reilig wrote: »
    I have the Journal from Saturday April 30th and Saturday May 7th right here in front of me if its of any use. I only recycle newspapers in the office every second month. PM me if its any use.
    you didn't notice any articles on rights of ways by any chance

this it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

you didn't notice any articles on rights of ways by any chance

Just went throught it. This is probably the article that you are looking for:

http://www.farmersjournal.ie/site/farming-Deadline-to-register-rights-of-way-looming-12985.html

Hope it helps.

• Advertisement

49801 wrote: »
    this it?
    yes
    Thanks a mil

reilig wrote: »
    Just went throught it. This is probably the article that you are looking for:

http://www.farmersjournal.ie/site/farming-Deadline-to-register-rights-of-way-looming-12985.html

Hope it helps.
    Yes it is , first time i used the boards, can't believe i got a result so quick
    Thanks

yes
    Thanks a mil

best of luck with it.

wasn't there an old rule that you had to drive a piece of machinery through it once a year?

That could be my neighbours angle too. But the legislation has changed since 2009 and all rights of ways need to be registered before November 2012.
    Thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Username John

You might also be interested in this article.
    http://irishexaminer.ie/business/farming/rights-of-way-without-court-order-154981.html

Altho I spoke to a solicitor friend of mine, who kinda said he wouldnt be too confident of it happening... But maybe something to watch...

Advertisement