Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DINOSAUR PETTING ZOO

Options
  • 07-07-2011 10:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭

(wrong forum?)

DINOSAUR PETTING ZOO

is this ok for a 5 year old?i dont want to scar him for life and frighten the ***** out of him so i was just wondering?
    anyone been to it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Moved from Gigs & Events to Parenting.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Victor Meldrew

crazygeryy wrote: »
    (wrong forum?)

DINOSAUR PETTING ZOO

is this ok for a 5 year old?i dont want to scar him for life and frighten the ***** out of him so i was just wondering?
    anyone been to it?

Bringing the 4.5 year old on Saturday..... Wife reckons he'll be fine.... We'll see...

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Cottontail

I was wondering about this too, my little lad is 1.5 years, hubby thinks he is probably too young for it... I really want to go, bringing him is my 'excuse'...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11 moley

It sounds like fun, my five year old would love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

I'm bring my 3 year old.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭newfrontier

went today with a 4yo 7yo and 11yo all loved it.. the big dinosaur caused a minor scare but no lasting damage done...only lasts an hour but good fun for kids on a wet day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

went today with a 4yo 7yo and 11yo all loved it.. the big dinosaur caused a minor scare but no lasting damage done...only lasts an hour but good fun for kids on a wet day

good i bought the tickets anyway so im sure judging by what you say he will like it.

thanks for all the replys.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Victor Meldrew

Bit scary, but very well managed by team, (very few kids needed hugs...) Left at the end of the show as he was exhausted. All the kids sit on bales of hay and on the stage as the dinosaurs (puppets or bloke in suit, but good.) are introduced by the MC (Steve Irwin esque bloke).

my boy was taken in hand by an loder 5/6 year old girl who gave him hugs when he was scared... so cute...

lasts just over an hour.

He's passed out on the couch now... :)

Parking in RDS is €6.

If you booked on-line , don't join the queue, go round the corner to the portakabin to collect your tickets, then join the end of the queue..

Bit scary, but very well managed by team, (very few kids needed hugs...) Left at the end of the show as he was exhausted. All the kids sit on bales of hay and on the stage as the dinosaurs (puppets or bloke in suit, but good.) are introduced by the MC (Steve Irwin esque bloke).

my boy was taken in hand by an loder 5/6 year old girl who gave him hugs when he was scared... so cute...

lasts just over an hour.

He's passed out on the couch now... :)

Parking in RDS is €6.

If you booked on-line , don't join the queue, go round the corner to the portakabin to collect your tickets, then join the end of the queue..

great thanks a lot for that it sounds good.great review to :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Wish I'd gone there today instead of the Tutankhamen exhibition next door. High entry price, poor lighting on the exhibits, boring audio commentary on overly large & uncomfortable headsets. Not to mention the exorbitant prices in the souvenir shop. €15 for a small teddy, €50 for books, €9 for a lanyard. The kids under 10 were all bored within 5 minutes.

It's a shame that the petting zoo tomorrow won't be there next weekend.

• Advertisement

well we went.he was afraid but i persuaded him to stay and he loved it.it was good but i thought a bit short.i heard people comment on that and the fact that the parents should get in free.ie a bit overpriced.
    the dinos were life like and cool.good interaction with the kids etc

all s well that ends well i guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

Just in case anyone is interested....

The dinosaur petting zoo are doing 2 "shows" a day (starting today) as part of the Galway arts festival http://www.galwayartsfestival.ie/programme.php?c=11&ct=&id=11&t=
    and best of all it's FREE!!:)

littlebug wrote: »
    Just in case anyone is interested....

The dinosaur petting zoo are doing 2 "shows" a day (starting today) as part of the Galway arts festival http://www.galwayartsfestival.ie/programme.php?c=11&ct=&id=11&t=
    and best of all it's FREE!!:)

Well the show in Galway is one dinosaur. Hard to get a look with so many people running around and the dinosaur thrashing around eyre square, then suddenly it was almost on top of us :eek: We had tears....:(:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭planetX

littlebug wrote: »
    Well the show in Galway is one dinosaur. Hard to get a look with so many people running around and the dinosaur thrashing around eyre square, then suddenly it was almost on top of us :eek: We had tears....:(:o
    Big disappointment for us too - not enough dinos, most kids didn't get anywhere close to petting distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Breag

A little annoyed that I missed this, it sounds like an interesting day out.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Knobbly

There's a video on youtube

The full show is on this Sat and Sun in the Royal theatre in Castlebar. Pricy though.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭SlimCi

To be honest we were v disappointed. Our son loved it, but for the price we saw about 6 dinosaur type puppets cause thats what they are and your man handled some of the smallies very roughly for my liking. Also it only went on for an hour and I and my husband were bored to death!

Advertisement