Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Price Reduction

Options
  • 07-07-2011 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Ok, so last week I bought a Samsung Galaxy S 2 for 250e. I just checked their pricing this week and its now 140e for the same plan. They have a 14 day return policy, can I just return it and buy the phone again from carphone warehouse?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

u can try it....not sure they'll be too impressed if you go to purchase it again from them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Psycopat1 wrote: »
    Ok, so last week I bought a Samsung Galaxy S 2 for 250e. I just checked their pricing this week and its now 140e for the same plan. They have a 14 day return policy, can I just return it and buy the phone again from carphone warehouse?

Thanks.

I would certainly get back onto them regarding this.

I was going for the same deal as you a few weeks ago but they tried to charge me a €300 deposit refundable after 7 months on top of the €279 it was actually, i told them where to go and bought the phone outright, this is shocking from Meteor asking for deposits (especially when you've been with them years) and will only drive customers away.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Psycopat1

jonnny68 wrote: »
    I was going for the same deal as you a few weeks ago but they tried to charge me a €300 deposit refundable after 7 months on top of the €279 it was actually, i told them where to go and bought the phone outright, this is shocking from Meteor asking for deposits (especially when you've been with them years) and will only drive customers away.

O2 did the same with me, I was with them for 4 years, never had a late bill and when I went to get a new phone they wanted me to pay them 3 months up front, I left the shop confused and just switched to Three, these people make no sense sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Have you been using the existing phone? It may prove difficult to return it if it has been used. Read the T&Cs of their returns policy carefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭muboop1

I'd be surprised if they let this happen. Odd's are when you apply again they will notice a duplicate ban and flag it. Likely result is no contract or a high deposit...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I done the same, managed to cancel it before the phone was shipped. The girl on the phone was happy to cancel when I told her the reason. I think a better choice would have been to just give me 100euro off my bill so as to ensure I stay as they have no guarantee I will come back now.

The phone is out of stock now as well :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Psycopat1

Rang them up and was honest about what I was trying to do. The girl said I would be able to do that but I would have to cancel my contract and I would not be able to sugn up for another for a month so I just said I'd bite the bullet and miss out on my 100 euro saving :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Psycopat1 wrote: »
    Rang them up and was honest about what I was trying to do. The girl said I would be able to do that but I would have to cancel my contract and I would not be able to sugn up for another for a month so I just said I'd bite the bullet and miss out on my 100 euro saving :(

I honestly believe meteor customer care are poor, not by their manners, but by their way of inconsistency, any issue above the very minor they have to run off to a superior who often gives them conflicting advice.

I was told there would be no issue and I could sign up again straight away if i done that. Unfortunately for me the phone was sold out when i went back :(

If they cared about customer care and it was within a reasonable time limit (ie 14 days) you think that the benefits of holding onto your custom would be worth more? ie give you the 100euro back by way of credit on your bill maybe, is there a rep from meteor on boards like there are with other shops on different forums eg komplett etc to give more definite answers or explanations?

Advertisement