Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interflora - Bad customer service - Bad spelling

Options
  • 07-07-2011 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭

Was my 6 year anniversary and ordered roses to be delivered to my wife via interflora.ie.

I typed the message that I wanted put on the card. Flowers arrived. They were really nice but then my wife started laughing when she was reading the card. The card with its 250 characters had two spelling mistakes and one word completely missed out.

For example roses were "rosses"... It's ironic, a florist that can't spell roses. Heart was "heert".

I sent an email of complaint to interflora 3 days ago now and still not received a response... I know mistakes happen but that was ridiculous. Instead of being a touching moment it was a facepalm.

Anyone else experience issues like this?

X

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

Your wife got her roses, and I imagine that she was happy about that. She also got, as a bonus, something that amused her in the typos.

I really do not see a significant problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

I see a problem -incompetence

OP- i'd be annoyed too. I assume when you put the message online that you had correct spelled everything, in which case it should have been just a case of copy out what was on the online form for the florist

complain to the website and to the local agent

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Rosses and Heert?

Does sound a bit ridiculous to spell two separate words wrong, it's not like it was even the same letter printed wrong so you can't blame it on how the car was printed.

OP's wife might have seen the funny side of it, but imagine if you were the poor soul whose wife didn't find it funny....*shudder*....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Xcellor

Your wife got her roses, and I imagine that she was happy about that. She also got, as a bonus, something that amused her in the typos.

I really do not see a significant problem.

Eh.

You don't see a problem with paying good money for a service and getting a sh1t service.

Right.

Rosses and Heert?

Does sound a bit ridiculous to spell two separate words wrong, it's not like it was even the same letter printed wrong so you can't blame it on how the car was printed.

OP's wife might have seen the funny side of it, but imagine if you were the poor soul whose wife didn't find it funny....*shudder*....

Thankfully my wife is not one of those type. She laughed it off.

No one was killed, seriously injured or anything but I was just gobsmacked that a message that was electronically typed could be transcribed so badly.

You don't even need to speak a language perfectly to transcribe. It was 250 characters...

I expected to get some sort of reply from interflora. I haven't contacted the local florist since I paid my money to interflora and as such they should be doing that on my behalf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,089 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Xcellor wrote: »
    Eh.

You don't see a problem with paying good money for a service and getting a sh1t service.

Right.

Some wives may have assumed that their husbands were pissed up on the internet, and actually spelled the words incorrectly as a result. It would have been even worse if your wife thought that you only bought the flowers because you were drunk.

I'd definitely go for Interflora's throat if I were you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

ejmaztec wrote: »
    I'd definitely go for Interflora's throat if I were you.
    Don't you mean thraat?

Don't you mean thraat?

Whatever floats your boot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Interflora

Hello, we're very sorry for the issues you have experienced with our service. Would it be possible for you to supply your order number so we can investigate this please? We're very keen to resolve this issue and any details you can supply will be very helpful.

Kind Regards

Interflora

Order number: 10054486

I sent an email (July 4th) detailing all the issues and included a picture of the card.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Interflora

Hi, thanks for the reply, we'll chase this up with our customer services team right away.

Regards

Interflora

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

@Interflora, if you wish to interact on a commercial basis on this site, you will need to verify your identity, and that you have the permission of your employer to do so, by contacting hello@boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Dymo

I'm sorry OP I think I missed some of your post exactly how many people died?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

@Dymo Please take the time to read the forum charter - posts should be helpful and address the issue at hand.

dudara

Okay, I just think it's a little bit of an over reaction, I know it shouldn't of happened and it was unprofessional but the card had 250 characters according to the op and they got 2 of those characters wrong. They were contracted to deliver the flowers in good condition with a card which they did as delivering flowers is their business. To me getting worked up over this is more trouble than it's worth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

Eh.

Right.

why not write the note yourself then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Dymo wrote: »
    Okay, I just think it's a little bit of an over reaction, I know it shouldn't of happened and it was unprofessional but the card had 250 characters according to the op and they got 2 of those characters wrong. They were contracted to deliver the flowers in good condition with a card which they did as delivering flowers is their business. To me getting worked up over this is more trouble than it's worth.

+1

That's it

• Registered Users Posts: 28,595 ✭✭✭✭looksee

It is not an over-reaction. Interflora are offering a service, and you are paying for it. Ok so its a luxury service, its not a life and death situation, that is irrelevant. You are entitled to expect competent service and a 'feel-good' factor from them - that is what they advertise and what you are paying for. They are not just undertaking to send a bunch of flowers, they are offering a high-end service at a high-end price.

To be honest I find myself getting more worked up about this attitude of "Ah sure its grand the flowers got there didn't they?"

This type of attitude is why many companies feel they can get away with it.

Under no circumstance is this acceptable. They offer a card with the delivery; they are given the message in typed format. They have no excuse. It's lazy and incompetent.

A gentleman called Stuart contacted me last week from Interflora to apologize.

Unlike some here, he agreed that the card was completely unacceptable, even going further than I did and saying that the writing itself and the way my name was squeezed in the bottom was not right. In his words "if I had written that card, I would have thrown it away and started again".

They have offered a gesture of good will which I accepted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Fair play to Interflora for a speedy resolution. I'd be inclined to use a company again if they are that keen to sort out issues. Nice to see good customer service still exists :)

I'm sorry OP I think I missed some of your post exactly how many people died?

Stupid comment. Really stupid.

How many people die when you have a consumer issue?

Just to update this.:mad::mad:

I spoke with interflora and they sent me an email with the following 8th of July:

"As discussed on the telephone, I am writing to advise that I have now spoken to the delivering florist, and forwarded the picture of the card message to them. I was asked to pass on their apologies for this matter, and have advised that they will review the message, and arrange to deliver and apology item to the recipient."

Roll forward several weeks. Nothing.

Interflora's slogan used to be "say it with flowers", and should now use "say it with nothing"

Just to update this.:mad::mad:

I spoke with interflora and they sent me an email with the following 8th of July:

"As discussed on the telephone, I am writing to advise that I have now spoken to the delivering florist, and forwarded the picture of the card message to them. I was asked to pass on their apologies for this matter, and have advised that they will review the message, and arrange to deliver and apology item to the recipient."

Roll forward several weeks. Nothing.
    did it not register with you that he may have been fired?
    or that he may be dyslexic. just thought i'd put it out there

Stupid comment. Really stupid.

How many people die when you have a consumer issue?

You wait 3 weeks to come back here to start a fight? Sorry no sympathy in this corner for your plight.
    booboo88 wrote:
    did it not register with you that he may have been fired?

Op will only be happy with a firing at this stage!

You wait 3 weeks to come back here to start a fight? Sorry no sympathy in this corner for your plight.

I would be against something this extreme, in the current climate, and especially as ops wife saw the funny side.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

:confused:
    There is nothing to indicate that op wants a firing. Just a resolution - that he was promised!!

Advertisement