Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Moboplayer question (or other player)

• 07-07-2011 12:17pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,554 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm testing a few video players and like moboplayer for the options and layout but I can't seem to get some video files to play full screen. I'm not sure if it's related to the frame size or aspect ratio but some files just play in a small box in the centre of the screen whereas others occupy the whole screen. Pressing the aspect ratio button does nothing AFAICT.

Has anyone solved this or if not what video players do you use?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

I use mobo player too and find it really great, it will play pretty much everything and the touch controls during playback are great. Do you want to get rid of the letterbox area ?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,554 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I'll try get a screenshot of a 16:9 and a 4:3 encoded file to illustrate the problem. I do love the touch controls on it too.

I've no idea how to take a screenshot while playing a file...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

maybe try uninstalling and re-installing on it.
    Use moboplayer on my xoom tablet and it runs flawlessly including the aspect control

With some videos it works like a dream but with others it just windowboxes and won't zoom or change aspect. I'll try throw up a clip of a file that shows the problem if someone would like to test and see if it does the same for them?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,179 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I'm using a beta version of rockplayer. All my videos are standard def Xvid avi's and it plays them without any problems. I downloaded Moboplayer after it got some good feedback here. Went straight to the first video on my sd card and hit play, wasn't able to play it. Uninstalled it straight away.

The first time I ran moboplayer it asked me did I want to download a codec pack. If you didn't get that it's probably why you couldn't play anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,142 ✭✭✭G1032

I'm using a beta version of rockplayer. All my videos are standard def Xvid avi's and it plays them without any problems. I downloaded Moboplayer after it got some good feedback here. Went straight to the first video on my sd card and hit play, wasn't able to play it. Uninstalled it straight away.

Its the best video player I've tried. It should downlaod and install the codec pack automatically
    Give it another chance. It plays every file type I've tried

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Couldn't play your file on my xoom, im guessing I need one of the other codec packs :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

CombatCow wrote: »
    Couldn't play your file on my xoom, im guessing I need one of the other codec packs :rolleyes:

Thanks for trying in any case. The codec is DivX 3 Low-Motion, audio: MPEG-1 Layer 3 which is fairly standard. The frame size is only 512 x 384.

Advertisement