Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need advice on Purchasing a Tri-Bike

• 07-07-2011 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

New to the Triathlon scene, starting to training and was hoping to get some advice on an entry level tri-bike. I am looking at one of the following three: (1) Trek Speed Concept 7.0, (2) Felt B16 2010 or (3) Giant Trinity 0. Is there anything else out there in the same price range or which would be the best option here.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Fazz

Hard to beat the felt in terms of vfm of that lot...
    Think wheelworx have a few reductions on this years models now too as 2012 spec will be released soon.

Cervelo P2 is a pretty serious bike and top vfm, but would need importing and possible duty fees depending where you source (randacycles?).

Aside from that, as it's your first Tri bike you could look at getting answcond hand one on adverts/donedeal. You may want to upgrade at some stage depending how serious you get.

Personally, I stuck with my road bike and Tri bars for the last 12 months. Am now in the process of buying a decent tt bike but I got lucky through a contact and picking up answcond hand one in mint condition.

Orbea also do nice bikes for just a little over Felt prices.

Most important thing is fit, so get proper measurements from somewhere like base2race and take it from there. You'd be surprised the differences fit makes.
    Also get a pro bike fit on your new machine. Again invaluable in my experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭Domer

I just got a follow on Twitter for these guys...

"@secondhandbike Ireland
    Second hand bike shop is the site for quality secondhand bikes in Ireland. We only list used Racing and Tri bikes and cycling gear on our site. Free to list!http://www.secondhandbikeshop.com. "

I have no idea who they are, or anything about them, but they have a few second hand tri bikes listed.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Wackoy2k

Thanks Domer.

I went ahead and ordered the Trek 7.0

Collecting it on Tuesday.

Advertisement