Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

banner ads on website

Options
  • 07-07-2011 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Can anyone tell me what I should charge companies to place a banner ad on a website, I don't want to go too high which will put them off but I still need to make some income on it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Depends really on your traffic!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 maxtiny

Thanks for your reply, we are only in the early stages of setting up the site so its hard to gauge traffic yet, it will be a business site in a specific sector so I am hoping that it will be busy!

I already have had requests for prices for banner ads but I don't have an idea what to charge them, some of these would be high profile international companies so I don't want to appear naive.....if you know what I mean

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭theshamu

Hard to tell really, few factors to consider:

1) The market your in (insurance big money!).
    2) Traffic volume.
    3) Quality of content (most important in my opinion).

You could always try do some keyword/phrase research and see how much advertisers are paying for google adwords etc..

Fair play tho, fresh site with advertisers showing interest already. Best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭Trashbat

This depends on the quality of your traffic and your banner placement, so I would let advertisers offer deals.

you could go through a network for a few months to get an idea of acceptable CPM rates and then do it yourself, but I'd always suggest some kind of hybrid deal for this, so you run a 50/50 CPM/CPA deal with your advertiser. It means you have a guaranteed base income with the potential to run to alot higher if your traffic is premium.

Advertisement