Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JJB Sports & Fitness Childers Road

• 07-07-2011 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

I was looking at JJB's offer of €175 for 6 months incl €25 shop voucher and it looks pretty decent for the Childers Road

However, I have being hearing stories about certain well known limerick 'people' whose surnames rhyme with nundon who are frequenting that place a lot due to the poor polish receptionist not knowing who they are and this has since caused a world of trouble for them...

Does anyone know if there is any truth to these rumours?

Also, is the gym & pool anyway daycent? I'm looking for some cardio machines, free weights and resistance machines? Would you be waiting all night for a bench and barbell?

Cheers lads/ladies

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Is it kosher to say the place has a "mixed" clientelle?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Cork Boy wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

I was looking at JJB's offer of €175 for 6 months incl €25 shop voucher and it looks pretty decent for the Childers Road

However, I have being hearing stories about certain well known limerick 'people' whose surnames rhyme with nundon who are frequenting that place a lot due to the poor polish receptionist not knowing who they are and this has since caused a world of trouble for them...

Does anyone know if there is any truth to these rumours?

Also, is the gym & pool anyway daycent? I'm looking for some cardio machines, free weights and resistance machines? Would you be waiting all night for a bench and barbell?

Cheers lads/ladies

One of the papers reported on that story some time back.

The jist was that a large number of people linked with a certain family in Weston joined up as the son/relative of the man who stood up to them, and needs police protection to this day, uses that gym.

Was reported to be an attempt at intimidation by the cowardly scum.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Cork Boy

Kess73 wrote: »
    One of the papers reported on that story some time back.

The jist was that a large number of people linked with a certain family in Weston joined up as the son/relative of the man who stood up to them, and needs police protection to this day, uses that gym.

Was reported to be an attempt at intimidation by the cowardly scum.

Is there no restraining order? That's such a load of horse manure. I hate the 'justice' system in this country :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Is there no restraining order? That's such a load of horse manure. I hate the 'justice' system in this country :mad:

Something may have been done about it since then though, was at least six months ago when I read about it.

I know a friend of mine stopped going to JJB when she started to recognise faces at the gym from pictures in the papers of court appearances.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Cork Boy

It's one thing I loved about the eastern europeans coming to Ireland, they didn't know who any of the local heroes were in any town and didn't give a fiddlers fart once they found out either. My knacks in my home town got some serious manners put on them by the poles/latvians that the gaurds could never manage... for obvious reasons :D

Got a free pass for JJB so might as well check it out, you'll know fairly lively once you actually get in there... then again I can always just inspect the car park outside for SUV's and horsesh1t stains :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

It's one thing I loved about the eastern europeans coming to Ireland, they didn't know who any of the local heroes were in any town and didn't give a fiddlers fart once they found out either. My knacks in my home town got some serious manners put on them by the poles/latvians that the gaurds could never manage... for obvious reasons :D

Got a free pass for JJB so might as well check it out, you'll know fairly lively once you actually get in there... then again I can always just inspect the car park outside for SUV's and horsesh1t stains :rolleyes:

Like this?

2610120641_df26da053d.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Keep an eye out for this outside the door:

Carriage_I_579883t.jpg

Advertisement