Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

re-register as assessor

Options
  • 07-07-2011 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭

i didn't register as a domestic assessor this year as we had planned on emigrating, but due to a severe illness in the family we had to put our plans on hold. anyhow long story short i rang today about re-registering and they said that i would have to pay the E1000 egistration fee all over again:eek: even though they still have all my details on file and my registration only ran out a few weeks back. iam a small self-employed operator and was only doing about 15-20 certs a year there is no way i can justify paying out 1000reg + 3/400 for insurance.

has anyone had a similar problem and is there a way around this? according to the girl on the phone this morning there isn't much hope of getting around this and to try an email explaining my case, but she seemed to think it is pretty much hopless.

i mean to say this is a total ripoff:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭sinnerboy

I have a similar un-resolved tale to tell. In my case my employer paid for the training in 2008 and I was registered as an Employed Assessor. When I was later made redundant I sought to have my registration changed to Self Employed Assessor.

€1k + Vat @ 21.5 % !

I stayed off the register.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,973 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

sinnerboy wrote: »
    €1k + Vat @ 21.5 % !

I stayed off the register.

Ditto!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Needler

Whats this 1000 euros used for? is it purely to keep people off the register?

Advertisement