Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long before post considered missing?

Options
  • 07-07-2011 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭

Anyone know how long it takes before An Post consider an item 'missing'?
    Been through the An Post website but can't find it.

Bonus question:
    Is postage to Northern Ireland at the same rates as the Republic? The map on the An Post rates page seems to include 32 counties for Ireland, though I can't find this in writing anywhere.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

"Ireland" is a postal zone. It includes Northern Ireland according to the graphic.

Can't answer your first question, but they indicate that five working days (if the destination is Ireland) is the norm, so anything outside that would give me cause for concern. See an Post's How can we help.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Couldn't find anything definitive on their website, so I mailed them.

Standard post within Ireland should take no longer than two working days, though majority is delivered within 1. After 5 they advise filling in the missing item form.

For the North, prices are the same, but expected delivery time is 2-3 days.

Advertisement