Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Interview questions

• 07-07-2011 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

If only there was a definite list of questions that we could be asked at job interviews! I'm in the middle of preparing for job interviews.

What are the typical type of questions and specific questions would be great that you have been asked at teaching job interviews?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 175 ✭✭rose23

Hi,

I had an interview last week and I got offered the job.

There is always going to be questions asked such as:

What makes a good teacher?
    What is your classroom management style?
    What can you bring to the school?
    Are you passionate about your subjects?

I also got asked questions on topics such as inclusion, mixed abilities, ICT, how to cope with discipline/behaviour problems, motivational strategies, methodologies and resources I use in the classroom.

One particular question I remember is how would I prepare for my first week of lessons in this school? and also.. what is my typical classroom routine from the moment I walk into the classroom and the students are there!!

I spent hours preparing myself for the interview, but when you enter the interview I think you just need to think on the spot, be yourself and answer to your best ability!

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 ed3

Rose23 thanks for that info about interview!!
    i have been to many interviews for industry work and am kinda freaking out about the teachers interview!! it is great to have some pointers :):)

anyone heard of being asked to give a 5 min presentation on a topic they give you from your subject??? this happened one of my friends last week!

still no interviews for me yet....will continue with the applications! something will turn up :):)

Advertisement