Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat Sitter

Options
  • 07-07-2011 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a cat sitter in the Naas/Clane area? Basically able to visit for a week or so and feed/water/play with two small cats while I'm away.

They'd need to be doing this professionally (and be checked out/qualified etc.).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

I'd imagine if you want it done professionally you'd have to leave your cat's into a cattery. Also you could try your vet's office. People sometimes put up notice's or the vet might no someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Have found http://www.petsittersireland.com/ -- giving them a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

I had a cat sitter once who checked in on the cats twice a day but unfortunately my cat got bored as wouldnt have been played with as much as I would, and alas was never seen again.

Since then I always put them in a cattery, harkins near b&q in naas is the best ive found for me. They have there own outdoor area and trees to climb. My cats love it. Heres the link http://kildarecattery.netfirms.com/index2.htm

Granted the people who run it are probably better off being around cats than humans, but the know my cats names and personalities.

hope this is helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Just going to throw an idea out there! :)

I'm in Naas, and am hoping to go away for a week as well at some point this summer. (No definite date yet).
    I also have a cat that will need daily feeding, and I've been at a loss as to who to get to do this that is not going to charge an arm and a leg!

Would you consider a barter type idea?
    I feed your cats for free, and then you feed my cat for free?

Obviously you don't go about deciding these things based on random posts between strangers on a discussion forum!
    (Although I am mostly normal! ;) )

But if it is something you would like to consider pursuing, just send me a pm.
    No worries if you don't. :)

Advertisement