Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there any way to increase maxium ports?

Options
  • 07-07-2011 3:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭

Hi,

I have recently started using Windows Media Center with my xbox. In order for this to work the Xbox and PC needs to plug into the router and there is a fair few ports needed open. However it hits a maxium allocation of ports needed open, the thing is with media center it has an unholy amount of ports needed open to work half decent.

Im using the black Zyxel router on the 8meg next gen stuff. Is there any possible way to increase the amount of ports allowed open?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭AndywK

Also, I have been getting alot more of constant outages for a minute or so lately. IS there a reason to this? I know its only 1 min without the internet but when your playing online it disconnects you and you got to start all over again :-(

Advertisement