Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pricing the photo

• 07-07-2011 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hi guys,

This place being great inspiration and resource of great help, was wondering if anybody could help me out in here.

At this stage I'm in the middle of discussing prices with the company that contacted me about the use of a photo I took in Grand Canal Dock. This is the panoramic shot from a year back. At this stage we are consulting this but was just wondering - do you guys know if there is any building release that I would need for this photo to be sold? Will selling the photo for royalty free future use - would bring any legal objections to that? Sorry for my English but not being native and trying to organise everything around the legal perspective of it is quite difficult.

Would appreciate much help and any replies, I know there are many photographers around here that deal with such matters on a day to day basis so would love to hear some opinions.

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Balfey1972

Sinlight, be careful with this one. I remember reading a thread here that the Grand Canal dock is covered by copyright and this will be an issue. I stand corrected.

Check this out before agree to sell anything. Best of luck with it.
    Do you have the photo on flickr or pix?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Balfey1972

Sinlight - check out here

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭SinLight

Thanks for replies guys

the photo is this one:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sinlight/5040441606/in/photostream

some amount of buildings there ;) in fairness still dont know what to do about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

if you are selling for "Royalty free future" use - you are allowing them to have the image and use it whatever way they want.

be very careful and charge enough money - they may also want copyright of the image.

Advertisement