Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**Spoilers** Series 6, Episode 8 - "Lets Kill Hitler"

• 07-07-2011 3:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭

I know, its a bit previous, but that wont stop me.
    In the desperate search for Melody Pond, the TARDIS crash lands in 1930s Berlin, bringing the Doctor face to face with the greatest war criminal in the Universe. And Hitler. The Doctor must teach his adversaries that time travel has responsibilities -- and in so doing, learns a harsh lesson in the cruelest warfare of all.
    there's two Amy's
    River rides a motorbike Indiana Jones Style

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

::eek:

Poor pixelburp, that's all I'll say.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

lol! Hey, I can't make all the episode threads you know, people might take me for granted :P

Yes, no harm starting the speculation good and early on this. For what it's worth I suspect the episode summary is being a bit cheeky. I suspect the
    greatest war criminal in the Universe
    is actually referring to River.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Tango One

When is this to be shown?, Myepisodes.com has no date for it yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

one rumour has it as first week september. from previous experiance - right up to miracle day - the BBC tend to be flexible in their schedules, and we may not know for sure until a month off, which is when the BBC do their press packs.

ah I was being nostaligic, I hadn't started an episode thread in years :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Keogg

pixelburp wrote: »
    I suspect the
    greatest war criminal in the Universe
    is actually referring to River.
    Or the Doctor himself?

Karen Gillan: "We have this really cool robot villain that goes back and fixes history," she explained. "So it goes back in time and fixes people that have done [something] wrong in history."

So, for example
    Hitler gets killed by the robot so the holocaust and WW2 does not happen, and the Doctor has to make sure that they do

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭jim-jam

Karen Gillan: "We have this really cool robot villain that goes back and fixes history," she explained. "So it goes back in time and fixes people that have done [something] wrong in history."

So, for example
    Hitler gets killed by the robot so the holocaust and WW2 does not happen, and the Doctor has to make sure that they do
    :eek::eek:
    Terminator.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,266 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Any dates announced for this yet?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Sleepy wrote: »
    Any dates announced for this yet?
    Yeah, a few weeks back - it's August 27th America/UK - so 2 weeks hence :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,266 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

2 weeks :D

Saw the trailer on BBC over the weekend and all it had was "Coming Soon..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Two clips have appeared on the official website - one's kinda spoiler'y because
    we meet a new character, called Mels. A new companion?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,239 ✭✭✭MrVestek

It's nearly here. Can't waaaaaaaaait!

Well, 7.10 tonight, hope everyone's got their excuses in ;)

That was so much win!!

But was that not the first time River met the Doctor- aka the last time the Doctor meets her? o.O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Yahew

That was so much win!!

But was that not the first time River met the Doctor- aka the last time the Doctor meets her? o.O

No. but the opposite is true of course as we have seen. It is true that the older river is going backwards in the doctor's time, but that seems to be something she choose to do - she can turn up anywhere in his timeline as can any time traveller.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

That episode just wrinkled my brain.

That was so much win!!

That indeed was awesome. Omg definately one of the better episodes. At least it answers the question of
    why River didn't just regenerate when she met the 10th Doctor in Silence of the Library.
    I also loved the fact that they
    referenced Rose Tyler, Martha Jones and Donna Noble...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 922 ✭✭✭IrishKnight

She wasn't River really, she didn't know who River was, so perhaps River has yet to become well, River...

• Advertisement

Hitler wasn't killed.

She wasn't River really, she didn't know who River was, so perhaps River has yet to become well, River...

well, she was really. River was her future self, she has no more regenerations. So is her now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,013 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Think that episode needs a rewatch later... there was a lot to take in!

Both Alex Kingston and Matt Smith put in absolutely stellar performances.

Some truly fantastic moments, mixed with a couple of questionable lines of dialogue (did we really need the "Doctor Who?" line? ** cringe **).

Real lack of Hitler and / or death too! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭mach1982

Achilles wrote: »
    That indeed was awesome. Omg definately one of the better episodes. At least it answers the question of
    why River didn't just regenerate when she met the 10th Doctor in Silence of the Library.

I watch that scene , The doctor said he survive , River says that neither he would or she . Rule 1 the Doctor lies
    what it dose explain is why it always the same version of River .

Oh at it was was an awesome episode ,

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

A very enjoyable episode, but I don't think young kids could follow that.

I mean I am down with it if that's where Moffat wants it to go, but the Mel-Melanie-who's River-you're River and so on was veeery complicated.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭mach1982

Ok , if River Kills the doctor , when she as kid wouldn't she remember it?
    That mean that Mel would not have to kill the Doctor
    Also at the end we see her starting her studies as an archaeologist , but we know that she will be imprison for killing a great man . Unless it is this version of Melody/River it space suit. Or may the Doctor and River have kids , and it is them as River says in "good man goes to war" it a long time since she saw the cot .

It would be funny if Amy turned out to be River and the Doctors daughter, a bit like Fry in the Futuraram .

I'll stop know as this starting to sound like episode of Jerry Springer .

mach1982 wrote: »
    Ok , if River Kills the doctor , when she as kid wouldn't she remember it?
    That mean that Mel would not have to kill the Doctor

Who said she was a kid when she killed the doctor, if she did. It seems like it is the future adult River, which may be why she is in prison. ( Although my guess is the whole prison thing is probably misdirection).
    Also at the end we see her starting her studies as an archaeologist , but we know that she will be imprison for killing a great man . Unless it is this version of Melody/River it space suit. Or may the Doctor and River have kids , and it is them as River says in "good man goes to war" it a long time since she saw the cot .

I dont fully understand that. There is only one version of River Song.
    It would be funny if Amy turned out to be River and the Doctors daughter, a bit like Fry in the Futuraram

Um, no. :-)

I noticed, watching again that the place he is killed is Lake Silencio. References to David Lynch?

Or lake 'The Silence' ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

I enjoyed it, though a bit of a head wrecker, not unusual where River Song is concern. My one non-spoilier history-nerd niggle, is why the wehrmacht and not the SS were guarding Hitler.

Advertisement