Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Can i use a small van for Driving Test

Options
  • 07-07-2011 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hey,

I'm doing my driving test next month, i learned to drive in my dad's seat inca 2 seater van.

Just need to know does the driving test centers allow u to take the test in a van such as this, assuming it's nct, taxed, insured ect. (which it is) ?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Cill Dara Abu

Yes you can!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 theman91

Yes you can!

Thanks for reply, just gota pass the thing now.

Cheers !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Gophur

theman91 wrote: »

Cheers !

Don't take what you read on this forum as 100% correct. Given the strange way the taxation of such vehicles is being managed, (private, commercial) these days, I'd advise you to seek official clarification from the relevant Govt Dept before you set off.

Driving Testers have been known to refuse to sit in some vehicles if they are deemed to be "unsuitable", dirty, defective, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭matt70iu

Gophur wrote: »
    theman91 wrote: »

Cheers !

Don't take what you read on this forum as 100% correct. Given the strange way the taxation of such vehicles is being managed, (private, commercial) these days, I'd advise you to seek official clarification from the relevant Govt Dept before you set off.

Driving Testers have been known to refuse to sit in some vehicles if they are deemed to be "unsuitable", dirty, defective, etc.

Hi

I did my first 2 tests in a van in 2008, both of which I failed. The test is without a doubt more difficult to do in a van due to the lack of rear vision and the difficulty checking your blind spot.

A couple of people had told me to do it in a car I was used to, as the testers don't take kindly to vans. Indeed, on my 2nd test, the tester got out of the van for my reverse around the corner. A practice they normally do in much larger cat vehicles.

Did third test a month later in my mother's car and passed with flying colours. I'm not saying my failures were all down to the fact I was in a van, but there's no doubt I was making life a lot harder for myself:)

Best of luck in the test!

Matt

Advertisement